Email got hacked

rosiesmom

I knew something was up when I got a text from a friend about an order form I emailed her.  Nope, not me.  And then the emails started coming in from survey companies about me asking for credit on my account for incomplete surveys.  Not one, not two, but 4 companies were sending me responses.  So I had to go to my banks and any financial people and let them know.  And survey companies.  So I am now going to go through and get rid of some.  Those that I have just a little money with and will probably never cashout with.  New motto, if I can't cash out every 2-3 months, then you probably aren't worth my while.  With very few exceptions.  And when I went to a friend who does IT, he checked into some of my stuff and he thought it originated in a survey......hmmmm........

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rosiesmom said:

I knew something was up when I got a text from a friend about an order form I emailed her.  Nope, not me.  And then the emails started coming in from survey companies about me asking for credit on my account for incomplete surveys.  Not one, not two, but 4 companies were sending me responses.  So I had to go to my banks and any financial people and let them know.  And survey companies. 

Asking for credit on incomplete surveys?We can hardly get them to pay for the ones we have finished let alone incomplete.Or maybe I'm misunderstanding.Sorry you had to go thru that but hopefully  you caught it in time before anything real bad happened.Not cool at all.I've been getting a lot of surveys asking for my address -phone number and all that wonder if it was one of those?

14 minutes ago, footfree said:

Asking for credit on incomplete surveys?We can hardly get them to pay for the ones we have finished let alone incomplete.Or maybe I'm misunderstanding.Sorry you had to go thru that but hopefully  you caught it in time before anything real bad happened.Not cool at all.I've been getting a lot of surveys asking for my address -phone number and all that wonder if it was one of those?

Had one two days ago that was kind of sketchy, requested lots of personal info and above and beyond the usual.  I just felt weird about it, so I x'd out of it.  I have spent all morning and part of last night trying to get things straightened out.   You cannot be too careful.  I have a Mac computer and there was a virus on it as well.  An old add on from Opinion Square was detected and it could not be removed.  So now I have to find out about that, because I deleted it, or so  I thought.

That's why I never download anything from these surveys that want to track you. And I hate the ones that ask for your address, especially at the beginning of the survey and the survey only pays 50 cents.

You can change all your passwords at the survey sites and change your email password , you may also be able to change your email address at the survey sites.

• Like 1

I have changed a ton of passwords in the past 3 days.  Just ridiculous.  BUT, I did get rid of a bunch of survey sites that never sent me anything or I had to jump through a bunch of hoops just to get dq'd.  There was one site that I actually couldn't even find a way to get into.  So I just deleted my book mark.  ARRGH!!