Survey General Rant

Vickie

I think the survey business as far as I'm concerned today, has outlived its usefulness as for making me my "pocket money."

Started doing surveys around 2010 and it has been good to do at home no fuss work,  but lately, maybe since the early part of this year, has been just terrible as far as cheating me  out of points, finding ways not to qualify me or, pay me very late or not at all AND finding ways NOT to credit or pay me.   On the positive side sometimes it has been very good but like I said lately not so.  And not to mention other ways they just rip me off!  Thank you very much, people!

Not going to edit this post much, since it is just a rant.  I may come back and rant some more,

Cheers,

Vickie

• Like 2

I agree. And the pay has gone down too. The survey lengths are often too long for such low amounts. Another thing is that some of the panels have poor customer service who take weeks to respond to your questions and concerns and some of them don't respond at all. 

• Like 2

I mostly agree - the vast majority of sites have always kinda stunk, but have really gotten much worse over the past year. When I first started, I went full-tilt and signed up for every site I could find. I tossed a handful of them immediately, but still, when I was bored at lunch or at home, often had a queue of surveys from a half-dozen different sites up. Over the past year, I've been slowly been getting rid of them as they keep getting, on average, worse - buggier, less responsive, and paying worse. At the beginning of the year, of the sort that had near-limitless surveys (which you aren't guaranteed to qualify for until you try), out of the dozen I'd signed up for, I was down to just two: OneOpinion and Valued Opinions. Then Valued Opinions banned me for no reason, so now I'm just down to OneOpinion - and now that I can't open a half-dozen at once and hop between them, I really only use OneOpinion every once in a while, when I'm really bored. I do solidly recommend them, though, as being, I would say, the only survey site of that type, in my experience, that, if you tell them you completed a survey and then it bugged out at the end or told you you didn't qualify, turn right around and make sure you get paid for it.

I do still take surveys from a handful of much more discriminating sites every time they send me one - YouGov, Pinecone, Paidviewpoint, socialopinions only if it looks good, and a handful of private sites I'd been invited to through survey invitations over time, which are where the real money comes from, so I'm always excited when I get one of those.

• Like 1

Agreed.  I started in 2009 with Pinecone, and signed up for a whole bunch later.  Now, even Pinecone has gone to the dogs, and I'm tired of wasting time and effort on routers.  Companies that used to give you a minimum amount for trying now think it's great to give you sweeps entries (I think not).  They are all dropping the value of surveys, and raising the cash out threshold.  GTM is a joke, 83 cents for 20 minutes.  Guess what?  You pay that low, you get garbage answers.  I have better things to do with my time.

• Like 3

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 10:04 AM, Vickie said:

I think the survey business as far as I'm concerned today, has outlived its usefulness as for making me my "pocket money."

Started doing surveys around 2010 and it has been good to do at home no fuss work,  but lately, maybe since the early part of this year, has been just terrible as far as cheating me  out of points, finding ways not to qualify me or, pay me very late or not at all AND finding ways NOT to credit or pay me.   On the positive side sometimes it has been very good but like I said lately not so.  And not to mention other ways they just rip me off!  Thank you very much, people!

Not going to edit this post much, since it is just a rant.  I may come back and rant some more,

Cheers,

Vickie

Couldn't agree with you more. Have reached payout opinionnow  and no response. Some only few points from payout and no surveys. Low rewards for time spent. Have Opinion Outpost but losing patience as routed from survey to survey, no record kept of profile so constantly need to resubmit and time spent disqualified. .  The only survey I have respect for is Pinecone, no frivolous surveys and my profile on file, reward within 2 days. 

I am also fed up with the math questions and trick questions designed to throw you off. Its not like they are paying $10 or $20 per survey. 

• Like 1

I did have a lobster pot once, that was one of those stupid questions.  I bet they thought I accidentally clicked on it.  I admit, I have never cooked lava, and if I ever do,  I won't be here posting.  The captchas are getting more and more.  I had one the other day, I picked all the vehicles, all the street signs, and still, I was required to find store fronts.  After the 3rd one, I closed it out.  THAT was definitely a game being played.  And the ones where I finish the survey, get the "congratulations!" message and am then told that their quota was full when it finally spins back to the host site.   I had a 29 pointer on Swagbucks last week on that one.  I did send a message, but nothing so far.  It's only 29 points, but I did the survey.  It was a Peanut Lab.  Oh well.  Pinecone has changed big time.  I think they will lose people with the revolving door of surveys.  Not sure if they get paid for people attempting or finishing.  I still like Pinecone though.  Why doesn't someone come up with a survey about surveys and pay everyone $5 to do it? 

I had an 80 pointer this morning and I completed it and it never went back to the Swagbucks page.  I send a message, and still haven't heard from this.  I never did hear about the 29 pointer.  Is it just me not getting responses?

Addendum:  I received 2 out of the 3 responses this evening.  :/

It just happened again tonight.  Did the 44 pointer, got the congrats for completing it page and it spun back to SB and don't you know I had been dq'd.  This is happening more and more on SB.  I like them too, but this isn't good at all.  I will see if I get any points.  I am not making my goal today.  i am tired of sitting here giving time and answers and then getting nothing for it.

I just heard that I will receive credit for the first 80 point survey.  I guess screen shots of every one that I complete might be in order.  I wonder why this keeps happening?

Edited by rosiesmom
New info

• 2 weeks later...

Tired of getting survey invitations in my inbox that state: "We need your opinion" or "Your opinion is wanted" only to click the link to take the survey and be told that I don't qualify. Really? Then why send me the invitation telling me that my opinion is needed?

• Like 1

Wouldn't it be nice if all the survey companies would allow you to cash out with no minimum requirement to meet? It would motivate people to do more. Minimums are often set too high. Even if you get disqualifying points they are often low considering how much you need to cash out. 

• 2 months later...
9 minutes ago, love1978 said:

I am thinking of cutting down on the number of survey companies I belong to. I will stick with One Opinion as I think they are one of the better ones.

Not even that fund of them right now I just cashed out took me 2 months

Well maybe we should all just go to the BBB and report them- after all it's the best and fastest way to get booted from  a survey company.Well at least Harris Poll........

However I do have a few that I will not give up on as long as they treat me fairly.It's not like it use to be.Thank goodness I had a little extra work that came in this month from some  market research companies in my home town.You should google and see if there are any in your home town the pay is better and they treat you better .