Pi -Opinion call in focus group- why no shows

footfree

So I was asked by Monica to do a Pi -opinion online group talk for 30 minutes and the pay $15.Well it was suppose to be me and 3 other people but they were no shows so it took us 15 minutes. Last time I did one we all showed up (women) this time it was me and 3 guys.I cant for the life of me understand why they wouldn't show up .They  ask you to notify them if you cant make it, so I don't know, I find it rude .Why people cant take 1 minute out and say they cant come is beyond me.I find them interesting.I bet others here would also.

Not saying it's what happened, or that they necessarily had an excuse, but there certainly are excuses, and I can tell you one that almost happened to me: I snagged a great one like that last week - was supposed to be $15 for 20 minutes, which is pretty good, but then they bumped it up to $40 after I'd already signed up, which was even better. I rushed home to get on in time... and our internet was running unusably slowly for reasons completely out of our control (like "Frontier is terrible at its job"). Almost didn't get in in time, it was running so slowly. (I still don't know whether I'll actually get paid for it, since I was getting logged out and having to log back in a bunch of times, cause, again, our internet kept flickering in and out of actually working, but if it'd been any more unusable, I wouldn't have even been able to get in to say that. Our internet has done that exactly one other time since the switch-over to Frontier a couple years ago, so certainly not something I could've expected to happen.)

Some people are jerks, but some people also likely just got unlucky in one way or another. 

Yeah I can understand the internet running slow but I also know people don't really respect other people's time. It's like rsvp'ing someone ,it seems no one can take out a minute of their day to do so. But whatever guess it worked in  my favor it only took me 15 minutes and got $15.

• Like 1

Can someone please include a link for their website to sign up? I google searched "Pi Opinion Call Focus Group" and the company never showed up. Also, is this a webcam study or just an online group study? Many thanks for more information on this company. 

On 7/2/2017 at 6:29 PM, Njsurveyman said:

Can someone please include a link for their website to sign up? I google searched "Pi Opinion Call Focus Group" and the company never showed up. Also, is this a webcam study or just an online group study? Many thanks for more information on this company. 

PI-Opinion is a small research firm working on behalf of non-profit organizations. Our research is not consumer-oriented, and all subjects remain anonymous. We never share identifying information with any third party. Most people find our work interesting, and it does benefit worthwhile causes!

We are continuously looking for people to sign up to participate in paid research studies into how Americans think about various public policy issues. Studies run from brief (10 minute) phone calls or internet surveys paying $5 to longer 45 minute interviews that pay $30-40. Occasionally there may be surveys that offer no compensation, and the notice will specify that. Usually, no specialized knowledge is needed.

They usually do  phone calls.They do this for non-profit organizations and always pay.My last phone call was for AARP here is the link  http://www.pi-opinion.com/     .They let you know upfront what type of of focus group it will be for.

• Like 1