This Could Be A Reason Why You Are Being Blocked Or Frozen From Doing Surveys...

Eebahgum

So I am a member of a number of survey sites. Everything was going swimmingly well until I noticed I was being blocked from doing surveys due to 'inconsistencies' and 'violations'. I had no idea what I had been doing wrong. Sending emails to their helpdesks wasn't helping as some wouldn't let me know why. Some said it was either my internet or I had changed something. I assured them I hadn't and that the problem must be their end.

Anyway, I also started to notice I was no longer able to log into Spotify due to me, so they said, not being in the country I had originally registered in? Prices on websites were defaulting to a different currency than my own (£). This was going on for around a month. I wondered what was going on. I reached out onto the Spotify forum and someone asked if I had checked my IP address. I hadn't but when I did my address showing as Kazakhstan instead of the UK!

I got onto my ISP who explained something or other about IP's being allocated out of the country for some reason or another and they knew about the problems customers were having and that it should be sorted within the next week or two.

Sure enough, about a week later everything was back to normal, survey sites were unblocked, I could log in to Spotify and currencies had defaulted back to £.

So if you are having this type of problem with surveys and their sites, this may be worth checking just to see if your IP address hasn't been switched to another country.

• Like 2