Crazy questions they ask us

footfree

Here is another one I find funny  - What is your exact age at the time you are doing this survey?It's not like they are going to have this survey around for months at a time,or is it?

I'm mean I do realize this is a 60 minute survey ,but really?Well wait give me a minute ,I'll be a year older in 30 seconds.Or maybe I will be a year older halfway thru this survey.I'm not exactly sure why they have to word it that way.

• Like 2

I had one yesterday that asked me if I was doing this survey while standing on my head ,........doesn't everyone do them that way

• Like 1

Well now many surveys are trying to get you committed to answering honestly by asking if you are going to be honest. Seriously, who's going to say otherwise?

• Like 2

Or the one that asks what is your currant age.

52 minutes ago, JD said:

Well now many surveys are trying to get you committed to answering honestly by asking if you are going to be honest. Seriously, who's going to say otherwise?

I wonder what would happen if you click the answer  "I can't say either way".

• Like 2

On 7/8/2017 at 6:41 AM, footfree said:

Here is another one I find funny  - What is your exact age at the time you are doing this survey?It's not like they are going to have this survey around for months at a time,or is it?

I'm mean I do realize this is a 60 minute survey ,but really?Well wait give me a minute ,I'll be a year older in 30 seconds.Or maybe I will be a year older halfway thru this survey.I'm not exactly sure why they have to word it that way.

That's for people that like using 1/2 years like 1 1/2 or 2 1/2. I guess it messes with their computers if you do that.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The survey companies are now all adding quality checks that serve 2 purposes:

1. Verify you are a human respondent - there are people out there that use robo-form applications that emulate human responses to fill out forms quickly.  These provide bad-quality data to the client, so they want to weed those out.
  2. Quality checks - if you are a human, the quality checks make sure you are paying attention.  If you answer those wrong, they will either disqualify you, or throw your data out later

The one I like... and it's kind of like the "at the time you are taking this survey" is "what is your exact age in years?"   I generally don't give my age is months or days.  :-) 

• Like 2

I took a survey that warned me about the sensitive nature of the questions but WOWWWWWWW did they blow my mind with the sensitive nature of those questions. I was left a little disturbed after it, lol. Like, WHY are you asking these questions and what the HECK are you all researching!

On 8/4/2017 at 9:07 AM, Lurkergirl said:

type the word  joy  or hope  or the word 4    or what are  you  human  alive  living in outer space   

when I get those -type in joy or hope I do not qualify- when I see those I know the survey is over

On 7/8/2017 at 8:41 AM, footfree said:

I just had a survey ask me if I was in a coma  answers were yes,no and unsure

• Like 1