Little known app called "Hatch": strong recommendation

neminem

Someone on /r/beermoney recommended this app to me a few months back, called Hatch - it's actually by C-Space, who are also responsible for the best-paying, awesomest private survey community of the handful I'm a part of, so it's not too surprising that this app also pays well for your time. It is surprising that it's so completely flown under the radar, so I was wondering if anyone else here uses it, and to people who don't, to recommend it. 

You don't get surveys from it very often, and it never proactively informs you of them, you have to check it periodically - but when you do snag one, it's super worth it. Like Pinecone, they periodically invite you to complete short (couple minute) surveys for no pay, but then use your responses, if you qualify for what they're looking for, to invite you to surveys that are still pretty short, often interesting, and pay pretty nicely - the least I've gotten is $3, the most I've gotten is $10, and their surveys aren't that long (though, oddly, for an app-only site, they do often include some writing - I don't mind as much, because I completely refuse to give up my Photon Q, the last-ever Android phone with a proper keyboard - otherwise I'd probably be more irritated. But I'd be irritated all over the place, which is why I refuse to give it up. :p)

The really nice thing about it, too, is they clearly read all our responses, and if they like your response, I learned, they will pay extra - I've gotten $5 bonuses on top of the $5 original pay, twice now, in the few months since I started using it. :)

They only pay in Amazon, and it takes a few weeks to get paid, because they process everything manually (though according to the site, they're working on getting payment more automated, but who knows when that's going to happen, if ever). Still, I'd highly recommend it, so I figure I would... actually highly recommend it. ;)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/18/2017 at 8:29 AM, neminem said:

Someone on /r/beermoney recommended this app to me a few months back, called Hatch - it's actually by C-Space, who are also responsible for the best-paying, awesomest private survey community of the handful I'm a part of, so it's not too surprising that this app also pays well for your time. It is surprising that it's so completely flown under the radar, so I was wondering if anyone else here uses it, and to people who don't, to recommend it. 

You don't get surveys from it very often, and it never proactively informs you of them, you have to check it periodically - but when you do snag one, it's super worth it. Like Pinecone, they periodically invite you to complete short (couple minute) surveys for no pay, but then use your responses, if you qualify for what they're looking for, to invite you to surveys that are still pretty short, often interesting, and pay pretty nicely - the least I've gotten is $3, the most I've gotten is $10, and their surveys aren't that long (though, oddly, for an app-only site, they do often include some writing - I don't mind as much, because I completely refuse to give up my Photon Q, the last-ever Android phone with a proper keyboard - otherwise I'd probably be more irritated. But I'd be irritated all over the place, which is why I refuse to give it up. :p)

The really nice thing about it, too, is they clearly read all our responses, and if they like your response, I learned, they will pay extra - I've gotten $5 bonuses on top of the $5 original pay, twice now, in the few months since I started using it. :)

They only pay in Amazon, and it takes a few weeks to get paid, because they process everything manually (though according to the site, they're working on getting payment more automated, but who knows when that's going to happen, if ever). Still, I'd highly recommend it, so I figure I would... actually highly recommend it. ;)

as far as i know, there're many similar apps just like Hatch:

Make money filling out surveys

Swagbucks

Panel App

Inboxdollars

10 hours ago, Avemaria92 said:

what's the private survey community?

It's just called "Investors Forum", and it pays 20 bucks a month in Amazon credit for answering just a few usually interesting questions a week about investing and stuff. :)

Though actually it's only the second-best, second-highest-paying now - I have one about credit cards that requires even less work per week, and pays 25 bucks a month in Amazon, that isn't through them. They're both pretty awesome, though - that is totally where the money is, just wish it were easier to get access to that sort of thing, instead of having to completely luck into it.

Thanks for letting us know about Hatch. I just downloaded the app and my only concerns are they wanted me to post an actual picture of myself for a profile pic and I keep getting an alert saying "this app wants permission to access all my files and media on my phone".  I keep hitting deny because I like to keep certain files on my phone private. Would this affect the app working on my phone? I reluctantly posted my picture, but very concerned about the second thing. 

I have had Hatch on my phone for a couple days now and answered a few short demographic surveys for zero pts. Still no points in my account and no real survey offers. I will keep it for another week and if there is no change by then, gonna drop them. Meanwhile, I made $2 on Paidviewpoint, $3 on Pinecone, and $5 on mechanical turk all in this same time period. Just saying.

• Like 1

For Mechanical Turk, you use your same log in information as your Amazon Account. If you tried to create a separate log in, that's probably why. If you can get into your Amazon Account, you should be able to get into Mech Turk.

On 8/10/2017 at 4:09 AM, Njsurveyman said:

I have had Hatch on my phone for a couple days now and answered a few short demographic surveys for zero pts. Still no points in my account and no real survey offers. I will keep it for another week and if there is no change by then, gonna drop them.

I did say they don't send you surveys that often. A couple days is definitely not long enough - I didn't get my first paid one for at least a couple weeks after I signed up. I thought it was a joke too. Then I got a survey that paid like 5 bucks and took maybe 10 minutes, that changed my mind. :P But go ahead and ditch them if you like - more for me. ;)

It's not a huge money-maker, because they don't give you surveys very often, but when they do, the pay ratio generally skewed way in your favor.

As far as mturk - that would certainly be true if GammiWoo had already created an account and just couldn't remember how to log in, but I doubt that's what he's talking about. Pretty sure he's talking about creating an account, and it it is well known at this point that they are basically full, and are thus pretty much waitlisting everyone - and unfortunately don't have a separate message for waitlisting vs hard-blocking, leading to just so much confusion from new people on the mturk reddit wondering why  hey were rejected. Many, but not all of them will likely be invited in at some point in the potentially fairly distant future.

On 8/6/2017 at 10:03 AM, neminem said:

They're both pretty awesome, though - that is totally where the money is, just wish it were easier to get access to that sort of thing, instead of having to completely luck into it.

Same here, neminem.... I absolutely love the consumer communities, but they're so rare and far between now.  I've tried the survey places that others have told me offer the communities often, but it sure doesn't happen that way for me.

• 10 months later...

I was kind of just going into this app when I had nothing else to do and sometimes I would forget about it, but they would contact me and tell me there was something waiting for me.  So after doing this for not even a year, I thought, there isn't much to this thing.  I was wrong.  I had only completed a $1 survey for them, but then it kind of ramped up, and as of yesterday I had 4 surveys and made $14.  It was all for Amazon credits and I was thrilled to get them.  They seem to burn a hole in my pocket and I can't spend them fast enough. So I am sticking with these folks and will hopefully continue to do well.

Yep, surveys are kinda sporadic, but when they do post them, they pay surprisingly well (though they still, a year later, take forever to actually post the credit). Totally forgot I made this thread. I just checked - I've gotten $275 from them total since I started (a little over a year ago), which isn't bad at all for how easy their surveys tend to be. 

• Like 1

On 6/28/2018 at 10:50 PM, neminem said:

Yep, surveys are kinda sporadic, but when they do post them, they pay surprisingly well (though they still, a year later, take forever to actually post the credit). Totally forgot I made this thread. I just checked - I've gotten $275 from them total since I started (a little over a year ago), which isn't bad at all for how easy their surveys tend to be. 

Wow, you are doing way better than me.  :)