Oh Toluna!..this is not good news

greeneyeddevils

portavoce.jpg Incentive Processing – Important Update   
Hello Members, 

We’re writing today to inform you that due to unforeseen circumstances, our reward processing times will change from 72 hours to 2 weeks, effective immediately. 

We are always working to bring the best possible experience to you on Toluna. We understand you work hard to earn your incentives, and we appreciate your patience during this time. 

We will inform you as soon as we can start processing rewards in 72 hours again. 

We thank you all for your understanding, and look forward to announcing exciting new rewards all year!

Makes me think that they're running out of money since they're going from 3 day redemption to 2 weeks...wtf!..that's crazy...anyone who has any money sitting in your account I would be cashing out ASAP since this can only get worse & they might close shop without notice & everyone with points left sitting will get screwed...

• Like 2

I got this email too but... I've never had a Toluna PayPal payment take only 72 hours to arrive, they're usually around 2 weeks.  It's been that way for quite a while and there are never any issues.  Maybe the other rewards are different but those of us that choose PayPal have been managing waiting two weeks so I'm not quite sure I understand jumping to the conclusion that the site is going to unexpectedly shut down over this.

8 minutes ago, NaomiNo said:

I got this email too but... I've never had a Toluna PayPal payment take only 72 hours to arrive, they're usually around 2 weeks.  It's been that way for quite a while and there are never any issues.  Maybe the other rewards are different but I am not seeing how this is any different for those of us that cash out with PayPal so I'm not quite sure I understand jumping to the conclusion that the site is going to unexpectedly shut down over this.

I said they might close shop without notice....As for the other rewards yes..for example..if you're in Canada & claimed for a Cineplex gift card..it took 72 hrs to be processed...now 2 weeks...it's an E-Cert..so they should have no problems getting that to anyone online..that's what makes me wonder if they're having money troubles for other rewards

But you can say the same thing about PayPal - it's online so there should be no problems getting that to anyone just as quickly either.  In a perfect survey world all the e-gift certificates and PayPal options would be instant but for most companies, that's never been the standard and they're still running fine.  I can certainly see how this would be annoying for you since you're used to it arriving quicker, I just think there was a huge overreaction regarding Toluna possibly disappearing into the middle of the night with everyone's points because, as I already said, Toluna's been paying a lot of us out after two weeks for a VERY long time and it has not been an issue.  And while I'm hesitant to believe anything a survey company says, the email makes it pretty clear this is only temporary.  Perhaps they're having problems with their gift card supplier and are changing to a new vendor, maybe their software's been buggy (it was last month when I cashed out) and they're trying to fix it, maybe they have less staff on hand to process them because they're all on summer vacation - yes, your idea is a possibility but so are a million others.

52 minutes ago, NaomiNo said:

But you can say the same thing about PayPal - it's online so there should be no problems getting that to anyone just as quickly either.  In a perfect survey world all the e-gift certificates and PayPal options would be instant but for most companies, that's never been the standard and they're still running fine.  I can certainly see how this would be annoying for you since you're used to it arriving quicker, I just think there was a huge overreaction regarding Toluna possibly disappearing into the middle of the night with everyone's points because, as I already said, Toluna's been paying a lot of us out after two weeks for a VERY long time and it has not been an issue.  And while I'm hesitant to believe anything a survey company says, the email makes it pretty clear this is only temporary.  Perhaps they're having problems with their gift card supplier and are changing to a new vendor, maybe their software's been buggy (it was last month when I cashed out) and they're trying to fix it, maybe they have less staff on hand to process them because they're all on summer vacation - yes, your idea is a possibility but so are a million others.

you could be right or wrong...but going forward if you start redeeming for rewards that say 2 weeks processing time...don't be surprised if they don't get to them for 3-4 weeks...they could be having problems with their vendors for gift cards...or like I said..they could be having cash problems...won't know til we redeem something & then see how long it takes to get to you 

6 minutes ago, footfree said:

I just started a online focus group with them that runs for about 2 months.Watch me have to wait to be paid.

You could be looking at 6 months  

I Still Do Toluna but don't think there That great I will go there Every day  but can Get very frustrated with the time I spend trying to qualify for a survey .

I almost forgot I'm with myshopopinion which is runned by Toluna and the surveys have fallen way off.I bet they are having cash flow problems.

I'm not even a member of their regular site Toluna ,just their "off springs ".I think I got the invite to join the other sites thru My Soap Box.

So thanks for the heads up-I'll have to keep a eye on it.

I got the email today. I've been waiting for an Amazon gift code since the end of June. Three weeks and counting. I'm getting a little nervous.

14 hours ago, footfree said:

I just started a online focus group with them that runs for about 2 months.Watch me have to wait to be paid.

I did a 2 hour online forum board with them a few weeks ago...it's was for $30--90000 points...I was told that I would receive the points the next day...well that never happened..I think I contacted them for over a week & half & finally the points showed up in my account...

• Like 1

On 7/21/2017 at 2:00 PM, greeneyeddevils said:

you could be right or wrong...but going forward if you start redeeming for rewards that say 2 weeks processing time...don't be surprised if they don't get to them for 3-4 weeks...they could be having problems with their vendors for gift cards...or like I said..they could be having cash problems...won't know til we redeem something & then see how long it takes to get to you 

I just cashed out for PayPal on Saturday so will see if it takes longer than usual.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/24/2017 at 8:46 PM, NaomiNo said:

I just cashed out for PayPal on Saturday so will see if it takes longer than usual.

Received it today.  Checked it against my last PayPal cashout (which was before the announcement email was sent out) and it took 4 days longer - from 15 days to 19.

• Like 1