PineCone Lull?

schludermann

it's been 4 months since I've even had a survey from. I contacted the moderator and eventually got a response "we have nothing for you". 

Pinecone was never a high yield survey but it was never a waste of time.  Is anyone in their mid 50's completing surveys from Pinecone?

Up until the beginning of this year when they instituted the "router survey" concept , I was doing 3-4 a month on average. All were on new products or concepts. Since the advent of the new approach , I have been getting at least 4 invites a week , but only 2 successful surveys (one paid in Harris Interactive points , even though it was a Pinecone ).  All the rest ended as a DQ and in a few cases , came back with either "This survey is not available" (HUH???) or "This survey is not available in your area" (AFTER they asked for my state and ZIP Code!!).  Also , the new format ones that I have gotten have started off with demographics queries that were aimed solely at either drinking or smoking (I do neither).

My demographics: male , age 61

• Like 1

2 hours ago, episemion said:

Up until the beginning of this year when they instituted the "router survey" concept , I was doing 3-4 a month on average. All were on new products or concepts. Since the advent of the new approach , I have been getting at least 4 invites a week , but only 2 successful surveys (one paid in Harris Interactive points , even though it was a Pinecone ).  All the rest ended as a DQ and in a few cases , came back with either "This survey is not available" (HUH???) or "This survey is not available in your area" (AFTER they asked for my state and ZIP Code!!).  Also , the new format ones that I have gotten have started off with demographics queries that were aimed solely at either drinking or smoking (I do neither).

My demographics: male , age 61

I am probably getting a fair amount but qualifying for very few  very disappointing compared to how they used to be.

Female. 66

I know I don't like the way they do surveys now .They do a routers now and the wait time while the thing spins well I opened a new tab and completed a survey while I was waiting for the page to decide what to do .Then you answer a few basic questions  and then  big OOPS page shows up then it shoots to the age of people in your household . Then  if you get to take a survey  it sends me to the old page  and then maybe you can do one and maybe like has happened to me is sorry  the survey is over or it is not for you ect..  Plus  even though they ask me would I like to try the product most times I say yes    but I have not been getting anything lately to try  . Also  now   they   make you wait  3-5 days for incentive and then you have to of course  pick it out of the catalog ( not sure about anyone else     but  I just take the 3 dollars   offer  . Anyway  I am all most 50  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lurkergirl said:

I know I don't like the way they do surveys now .They do a routers now and the wait time while the thing spins well I opened a new tab and completed a survey while I was waiting for the page to decide what to do .Then you answer a few basic questions  and then  big OOPS page shows up then it shoots to the age of people in your household . Then  if you get to take a survey  it sends me to the old page  and then maybe you can do one and maybe like has happened to me is sorry  the survey is over or it is not for you ect..  Plus  even though they ask me would I like to try the product most times I say yes    but I have not been getting anything lately to try  . Also  now   they   make you wait  3-5 days for incentive and then you have to of course  pick it out of the catalog ( not sure about anyone else     but  I just take the 3 dollars   offer  . Anyway  I am all most 50  

I spent 15 minutes the other day putting up with the spinning and answering the questions just to be told you Don t qualify that's not the way the old  pinecone worked

• Like 2

I was having some issues DQing with them when they first changed their format, but I recently just qualified for three surveys in the last three days, and cashed out for $9.00 paypal. 

I would stick with them because I don't think you can rejoin if you decide to cancel your acct with them. My rule is that if it takes me longer than 5-6 min qualifying for a survey with them, then I simply quit. (But save the invite email because they reroute you to get you to qualify for different surveys every day even when I use the same email link.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, paulgro said:

I get surveys from them, just never qualify any more.

Same here. Out of 20 or so invites , I am lucky to qualify for one. No more pointed household questions. All i get these days are questions mostly aimed at smokers or drinkers (I'm neither) with various repeating demographics in between (including ZIP Code). If I do get sent to a survey , I either get a DQ or a message stating that the survey is not available in my area.

It is getting to the point where if I see an invite , I am tempted to hit delete! Not anything like the way they were.

I am still trying each and every one, and I agree, it isn't like the old days, but I did just complete one.  I admit, I liked the household questions but right now, I will take what I can get.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rosiesmom said:

I am still trying each and every one, and I agree, it isn't like the old days, but I did just complete one.  I admit, I liked the household questions but right now, I will take what I can get.

1 hour ago, peach6 said:

I will continue to do them but not happy how long it takes just to seeI if you qualify

9 hours ago, episemion said:

Same here. Out of 20 or so invites , I am lucky to qualify for one. No more pointed household questions. All i get these days are questions mostly aimed at smokers or drinkers (I'm neither) with various repeating demographics in between (including ZIP Code). If I do get sent to a survey , I either get a DQ or a message stating that the survey is not available in my area.

It is getting to the point where if I see an invite , I am tempted to hit delete! Not anything like the way they were.

It isn't the same place and now with the site changes it runs slower then molasses. I use to do quite well there but now if I get one survey to finish I consider that a big thing..  

• Like 2

Got a survey Fri., got credit Mon..Received a survey Mon. got credit today Tues. .However I have taken surveys and had to wait 5 days to receive credit so it depends on the type of survey.I also have done surveys that I didn't qualify for and it seems they take the long way around the tree to see if you qualify or not.I'm not giving up on them but the service has gone down.Makes you think they only care about their bottom line and not the people who help them get there.

I took one today and I was in the middle of it, I had already passed the sniff test, I thought, and I answered one question and I was dq'd.  I guess I was dq'd, it didn't tell me that I finished it. 

• Like 1