PineCone Lull?

schludermann

9 hours ago, Njsurveyman said:

At the end of completing a Pinecone Survey recently, I just noticed there is something that offers you a guaranteed 300 pts per month for downloading a software app on your laptop or phone! Did anyone attempt this? Is it legit and safe? 

I saw that, but the last time I had an app like that on my phone, it all but quit working. 

10 hours ago, Njsurveyman said:

At the end of completing a Pinecone Survey recently, I just noticed there is something that offers you a guaranteed 300 pts per month for downloading a software app on your laptop or phone! Did anyone attempt this? Is it legit and safe? 

I have seen that but I don't trust installing apps like these on my devices.

On 8/16/2017 at 5:46 PM, peach6 said:

Then why did they waste your time and send it to you

They seem to do that a lot .Or reminders to do surveys that are no longer available.

• Like 1

a year ago i would have recommended Pinecone as one of the better organised and interesting survey sites. not only did you get £3 per survey but you also got products to test at home. i have only had 3 surveys this year and my only change in circumstances was my age reaching 50?!

• Like 1

I saved up a ton of points, only to cash out for a virtual gift card. Someone hacked into my virtual card and stole all my funds. I filed a dispute with the prepaidcard service and never heard back. I notified Pinecone and they said they could not help me either.  It was over $200 lost. I'll never do that again. Cash out sooner that I did.  I was very disappointed in Pinecone for authorizing the card and then not assisting me. I am a 50 year old female. 

I agree the router survey thing that they started using is a pain but I'm still getting 2, sometimes 3 a week. Also have found that sometimes if I don't qualify if I go back to the invite and do it again I'll get a survey. And I'm 67 so I don't think age has much to do with it like some other sites.

4 hours ago, tracey17 said:

I saved up a ton of points, only to cash out for a virtual gift card. Someone hacked into my virtual card and stole all my funds. I filed a dispute with the prepaidcard service and never heard back. I notified Pinecone and they said they could not help me either.  It was over $200 lost. I'll never do that again. Cash out sooner that I did.  I was very disappointed in Pinecone for authorizing the card and then not assisting me. I am a 50 year old female. 

that's why I use Pay Pal never had a problem and always cash out at $15-$24 

10 hours ago, footfree said:

I think  most noticeable changes happened after  Neislen took over.

Pinecone Research (formerly Acorn Research) has always been a division of the A. C. Nielsen Corporation.

I am not sure why they changed the site I read earlier that they stated we were asking for the router system. I doubt that

At first I was always DQ I am doing better now

On 8/25/2017 at 3:22 AM, episemion said:

Pinecone Research (formerly Acorn Research) has always been a division of the A. C. Nielsen Corporation.

When I first started doing surveys it was owned by another company and the pay was $5.00 per survey.Then Nieslen bought them out but I cannot for the life of me find anything on Google about it.I mean I distinctly remember this and I'm sure someone else here has to remember this.I have been doing surveys for at least 10 to 12 years.So while I'm sure you are correct ,I also think I am too.

I did find this in the archives here at Survey police the only thing I really have that states it was sold to them

jellyfish

• member.png.65df531ff4980f330d85dfc8d707d
  • jellyfish
  • 403 posts

Now Pinecone wants me to download this plug-in, they say so we can view their surveys and that it's required. Anyone else feel uncomfortable with this? Now that Nielsen has bought them out I am much more wary - is this going to be spyware that they will track my internet usage with? How can we check it out, I sure don't just want to rely on their word about it.

I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts on this.

•  

21 minutes ago, footfree said:

When I first started doing surveys it was owned by another company and the pay was $5.00 per survey.Then Nieslen bought them out but I cannot for the life of me find anything on Google about it.I mean I distinctly remember this and I'm sure someone else here has to remember this.I have been doing surveys for at least 10 to 12 years.So while I'm sure you are correct ,I also think I am too.

I did find this in the archives here at Survey police the only thing I really have that states it was sold to them

jellyfish

• member.png.65df531ff4980f330d85dfc8d707d
  • jellyfish
  • 403 posts

Now Pinecone Research" rel="external nofollow">Pinecone wants me to download this plug-in, they say so we can view their surveys and that it's required. Anyone else feel uncomfortable with this? Now that Nielsen has bought them out I am much more wary - is this going to be spyware that they will track my internet usage with? How can we check it out, I sure don't just want to rely on their word about it.

I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts on this.

•  

I've always known it as a Nielsen company and would receive checks for $3.00 in the mail. 

Right now I couldn't tell anyone that Pinecone was good but before the site changed it was one of the best around.

1 minute ago, paulgro said:

I've always known it as a Nielsen company and would receive checks for $3.00 in the mail. 

Right now I couldn't tell anyone that Pinecone was good but before the site changed it was one of the best around.

When they did pay $5 it was great - however people in Canada still get the $5 just ask greeneyedevils he'll tell ya.

Just now, footfree said:

When they did pay $5 it was great - however people in Canada still get the $5 just ask greeneyedevils he'll tell ya.

All I know is what we get here which is now $3.00  worth of points. I never received $5.00 in all the years I've been with them is all I'm saying.