Recurring surveys you run away from...

Trueblue

21 hours ago, GammiWoo said:

I have a question. I have completed surveys for a long time and sporadically redeemed rewards. This year is rough for me and I'm going nuts trying to make money. I've done ok so far. My question is if we close out surveys-don't complete, internet glitch, etc-are we penalized? On opinon outpost and ipoll, I have closed them out early because the survey was awful or those doggone family members interrupt me, lol. After doing that, sometimes I don't get a survey for the rest of the day. Also, are those 2 sites so closely intertwined that they both DQ because you're close to cashing out on either site? It's maddening. Also want to say that I have really enjoyed being a member of Survey Police!!

I know that some sites track of the number surveys that you attempt but don't complete. I don't know how they use this information, however. 

• Like 1

I am with oneopinon.com but they sure have reduced their ranking with me personally. They're starting to drag their feet on redemptions and qualifying is not easy at all anymore. I answer up to 5 or 10 minutes and get DQ'd. I looked at my history this morning. I literally attempted and was dq'd from like 5 Surveys in a row. I hope they get be back to how they were when I signed up! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GammiWoo said:

I am with oneopinon.com but they sure have reduced their ranking with me personally. They're starting to drag their feet on redemptions and qualifying is not easy at all anymore. I answer up to 5 or 10 minutes and get DQ'd. I looked at my history this morning. I literally attempted and was dq'd from like 5 surveys in a row. I hope they get be back to how they were when I signed up! 

I am also DQ more

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, peach6 said:

I hate the ones that will say 5 minutes  then you start doing it and it says 30  minutes it seems like I'm getting more of those lately

Me too when I encounter these I say "expletive deleted you". Where the heck did you get your estimate from?

• Like 2

On 8/7/2017 at 10:12 PM, neminem said:

Anything that says it'll take more than 20 minutes. Anything that says it'll take more than 5 minutes and pays less than about 10 cents a minute, bare minimum. Anything that asks how many movies I've seen in the past 6 months, or if I'm planning on buying a new car in the next year. Also literally anything from opco, ugam or JD Power. 

AGREED!  JD Power is NOTOROIUS for underestimating time it'll take.  They're super tedious and that blurb at the end where they ask you for more info for more incentive -- it's bs.  They get more info and you get NOTHIN.

• Like 2

I used to love those shopperview surveys where you virtually go into a store and shop for products.  It used to break the monotony of text only surveys.

Now, there's no choice to skip the tutorial b4 you start.  Also, soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many times I've gotten half way through and get stuck on a pending screen or a disconnect so close to the end and so I lose it and get nothin.  Effort to risk ratio makes me skip em every time now.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Trueblue said:

I bet no one has won that shopping bag EVER!!!!!

They do it twice so they can see if you change your mind to want the product from the commercial in your bag -- you know, to see if the commercial convinced you to want it.  It's a dirty trick to say it's for a contest.  It's also incredibly tedious to go through 15 pages of products.  

Pfft, anytime a survey company says work for a contest or possible prize - run away like you got zomboies behind you.

I've got a contest for you.  It's called my fist, lol.

Edited by Spazmobot
I like to be more precise. Is that ok? :-)
  • Like 2

ANY survey invite that has these two pieces of info in the same email:

1.  The joke: "We value/appreciate/are grateful for your opinions!"

2. The punchline: "50 cents for { any # > 5 min}." (usually 20min or above ffs....)

I'm talking to you GLOBAL TEST MARKET, OneOpinion, Survey Savvy, Mindfield, and many, many others......

• Like 2

On 8/11/2017 at 10:18 AM, GammiWoo said:

I am with oneopinon.com but they sure have reduced their ranking with me personally. They're starting to drag their feet on redemptions and qualifying is not easy at all anymore. I answer up to 5 or 10 minutes and get DQ'd. I looked at my history this morning. I literally attempted and was dq'd from like 5 surveys in a row. I hope they get be back to how they were when I signed up! 

Don't count on it.  After the merger with mysurvey, these things happened.  They are not gonna un-merge.  The bigger a company gets, the less they value people.  Post-merger, I wrote to them about how their merger was affecting loyal participants like me, how their quality, experience and functionality had tanked, heartfelt and sincere, because I ~ and I'm not kidding ~ LOVED this panel pre-merger.  They had been the absolute best across the board - customer service, instant paypal, hardly ever dq'd, paid fairly, interesting surveys and more opportunities for much more lucrative projects like focus groups and bulletin boards.  I used to check in multiple times a day and it was always worth it, every time.  Well, they responded with a canned response like they didn't even read what I wrote, and I doubt they did.

Post-merger, now, I hardly ever check in and when I do, I just stop after I get 5 nickels and don't wanna even bother on the surveys like $1 for 20 min.  I just go somewhere else.  It's a real shame.

9 hours ago, Spazmobot said:

Don't count on it.  After the merger with MySurvey, these things happened.  They are not gonna un-merge.  The bigger a company gets, the less they value people.  Post-merger, I wrote to them about how their merger was affecting loyal participants like me, how their quality, experience and functionality had tanked, heartfelt and sincere, because I ~ and I'm not kidding ~ LOVED this panel pre-merger.  They had been the absolute best across the board - customer service, instant paypal, hardly ever dq'd, paid fairly, interesting surveys and more opportunities for much more lucrative projects like focus groups and bulletin boards.  I used to check in multiple times a day and it was always worth it, every time.  Well, they responded with a canned response like they didn't even read what I wrote, and I doubt they did.

Post-merger, now, I hardly ever check in and when I do, I just stop after I get 5 nickels and don't wanna even bother on the surveys like $1 for 20 min.  I just go somewhere else.  It's a real shame.

Not aware of any merger between One Opinion and mysurvey. One Opinion did merge with their sister companies (My View and Zoompanel). Where did you see that One Opinion merged with mysurvey?

Two I hate seeing are:

Incontext Solutions - after a bunch of questions , the 3-D shopping thing never loads

The hospital rating one - up until 2015 , last time I had a hospital stay was 1982 and even then I only had contact with a couple departments.