Recurring surveys you run away from...

Trueblue

11 hours ago, Spazmobot said:

Don't count on it.  After the merger with MySurvey, these things happened.  They are not gonna un-merge.  The bigger a company gets, the less they value people.  Post-merger, I wrote to them about how their merger was affecting loyal participants like me, how their quality, experience and functionality had tanked, heartfelt and sincere, because I ~ and I'm not kidding ~ LOVED this panel pre-merger.  They had been the absolute best across the board - customer service, instant paypal, hardly ever dq'd, paid fairly, interesting surveys and more opportunities for much more lucrative projects like focus groups and bulletin boards.  I used to check in multiple times a day and it was always worth it, every time.  Well, they responded with a canned response like they didn't even read what I wrote, and I doubt they did.

Post-merger, now, I hardly ever check in and when I do, I just stop after I get 5 nickels and don't wanna even bother on the surveys like $1 for 20 min.  I just go somewhere else.  It's a real shame.

I feel your pain so much. OneOpinion.com, when they first started, was the site that got me excited about taking surveys again. They made me think, "Oh WOW!! Survey companies are finally treating their panelists right!!" I sang their praises to everyone and put 5 star reviews EVERYWHERE. Now, I'm editing reviews, making apologies and am just crushed cuz it all turned out differently now, lol. Alex from OneOpinion said they are always looking to improve and the owners are looking at the forums for info on what people want. I told him just put it back like it was.......

How long ya been at it Spaz? What are some of your faves still?

• Like 1

OneOpinion is still the best survey site of its kind (i.e. the kind that sends you more than one or two invites a week, max), though. Yes, it's definitely gotten worse over the past year, but so has everyone else. :D

I'd say pay-wise, OneOpinion a year ago was about where Opinion Outpost was two years ago (i.e. excellent), and OneOpinion this year is about where Opinion Outpost was a year ago (i.e. moderately ok). Since every other survey site like that has now gone from "barely passable" to "in no way even remotely close to passable" in pay over the course of the last 12 months, OneOpinion looks great by comparison. >.>

Plus, OneOpinion has been, in my opinion, the only survey site of its kind that has a habit of responding to complaints by actually reading your complaint and trying to fix it, instead of either ignoring you, or responding with a generic "we are sorry blah blah blah" form response and no compensation. So they're still on my good list for now, even though the pay has definitely gotten worse. I no longer check there every day, though, like I used to, just when I'm particularly bored.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2017 at 3:13 PM, Trueblue said:

Techonomic food survey - it is never ending

Health care provider survey - "No hospital comes to mind" is an oft used response

Any Opinionshere. especially "within the next 10 years" Fitness equipment is a quick DQ Thank God

i did that health care provider survey.....it took me almost an hr for 2000 Toluna points....stay  away from it.

I think many of the Isay surveys can be very long like the one that ask which product would you like it's a sweepstakes I just close it can't be bothered

I've had the same experiences as most of you have. I like Ipsos, but most of their surveys are so long. And if they say 20 minutes, they mean 30. Of course that's the way most all of them are. My two pet peeves now ,though, are first Pinecone. I really like them, but they are really driving me nuts. They decided they had to fix what wasn't broken and change their format around for some reason. Well I have a Chromebook. For months now they keep saying they are still working on getting the new format ready for Chromebooks...still not working.   And does anybody use Inbox Dollars? They actually   have surveys for for 15  or 20 minutes..  for 25 cents!!  I think they are crazy.  I can't figure that out.

• Like 1

On 8/24/2017 at 11:34 AM, peach6 said:

I think many of the Isay surveys can be very long like the one that ask which product would you like it's a sweepstakes I just close it can't be bothered

I never do that one. It's a waste of time. Other then that one I like i-say

On 8/13/2017 at 5:55 PM, Spazmobot said:

AGREED!  JD Power is NOTOROIUS for underestimating time it'll take.  They're super tedious and that blurb at the end where they ask you for more info for more incentive -- it's bs.  They get more info and you get NOTHIN.

Whenever a JD Power survey pops up, I just close it out. I'd rather not get the incentive than have to suffer through one of those again. Besides, I don't think I ever qualified for many of those in the first place.

The hospital survey that several people mentioned is something I've gotten a lot. Usually makes the rounds within a few of my panels, often during the same sitting. It easily one of the most tedious things I've ever experienced, but sometimes I just go ahead and get it over with because completion is practically guaranteed.

I remember the Nielsen ones that had you watch a full episode of a TV show for a somewhat decent incentive. I ended up just ignoring them because there was always a screen that came up, and it would lack a button that you needed to click in order to proceed. 

On 8/7/2017 at 7:32 PM, spider said:

That movie survey that just won't die.

yeah, definitely this!!  I don't watch a lot of movies in the theater, and yet they keep asking and asking instead of screening out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Movie Surveys. I AVOID them like the PLAGUE now. I go see a movie 1-2 times a month yet I NEVER QUALIFY for the surveys. Go figure. I never goto imax/3d theaters, they give me headaches.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2017 at 1:59 PM, yobry1 said:

Movie Surveys. I AVOID them like the PLAGUE now. I go see a movie 1-2 times a month yet I NEVER QUALIFY for the surveys. Go figure. I never goto imax/3d theaters, they give me headaches.

You and me both.  I have vertigo and sometimes the action causes me to almost pass out.  I would love for someone to ask me about that on a survey.  But I never qualify, even if I go see one a month.  My age night have something to do with it. Hmmm...

• Like 1