Opinion outpost frozen account

Tycoo8

I know that there's been countless posts about Opinion Outpost freezing it's own members' accounts for no reason at all and this has happened to me TWICE now. The first time it happened after I tried to redeem 100 points for $10 into my PayPal. Then, I got this weird error message saying "only verified members can redeem points" or something like that. This was strange to me because I know my account was verified but just in case it wasn't I decided to go ahead and go back to the verification email I was sent when I first signed up. I clicked the verification link and got redirected to the login screen. I login and guess what happens? MY ACCOUNT IS FROZEN FOR "DATA CONCERNS" Talk about BS. I sent them and e-mail of the problem that had occurred but just as everyone says, Opinion Outpost has some of the WORST customer support. This all happened about 6-7 weeks ago. Moving on to more recently, I found that Opinion Outpost started sending me emails about taking surveys starting about 1 week and a half ago. I was confused because my account was permanently frozen i was told. But, i went ahead and tried to login to the website and sure enough my account was unfrozen. I saw that i still had my 134 points that i tried to redeem before and i tried to hurry up and redeem the $10 into my PayPal before they could ban me again. I have since then transferred it into my bank account. Then i figured maybe that they unfroze my account because they realized they made a mistake. So i gave Opinion Outpost another try. This week i earned 119 points and tried to redeem 100 of it into my PayPal once again. I was excited to get more money. I redeemed it and after I did so I went to go take another survey. After pressing the button that takes you to surveys, I was redirected to the login page. I logged in again, and you already know what happened. YEP. MY ACCOUNT GOT FROZEN AGAIN FOR NO REASON AT ALL. I am frustrated with Opinion Outpost and I sent them an angry email regarding my case of being banned twice for no reason. Yet, my sibling who also uses Opinion Outpost never seems to have ANY problems whatsoever with them. Why is this happening to ME?? Keep in mind,  me and my sibling use the same PayPal account for redeeming our points so , yes, that could be a likely reason for them banning me. I also used a phone to redeem my points both times so that could also be a reason why. I heard that using a home computer makes it work better but I don't see why. I've also heard many cases of there just being a glitch with redeeming points with PayPal which causes you to get banned sometimes.

From what I understand you can have up to 5 people in the same house have accounts with OO..  but using the same email address on both accounts for Paypal will flag you as they think you're the same.. or is it a different email on the same paypal account?

2 hours ago, Avemaria92 said:

From what I understand you can have up to 5 people in the same house have accounts with OO..  but using the same email address on both accounts for Paypal will flag you as they think you're the same.. or is it a different email on the same paypal account?

No, we have two different Opinion Outpost accounts that use the same PayPal. 

I got kicked out about a month ago and got back in recently.  I used to wait until I got 100 points and get the $10 paypal.  But I'm so nervous that they'll lock me out again that I just cash out 50 points for the $5 Amazon.  So far, so good.

On 8/12/2017 at 0:45 PM, janlou said:

I got kicked out about a month ago and got back in recently.  I used to wait until I got 100 points and get the $10 paypal.  But I'm so nervous that they'll lock me out again that I just cash out 50 points for the $5 Amazon.  So far, so good.

Well, I spoke too soon.  They kicked me out again AFTER doing a long tedious survey that I got no points for.  I'm steaming mad!!

I had the account frozen due to data concern issues as well - and if you look at the number of people leaving that complaint in the reviews section here, I think there is either something wrong with the way their system is recording your login info or they have simply become criminal and are asking people to do the work and not compensate them. I had $65 worth to cash out when it happened to me. After I filed a BBB complaint and we went back and forth a bit, they finally allowed me back into my account and I was able to cash out. They are sending me survey requests all the time now, but I'm not comfortable doing them because I'm afraid it will happen again!

I've learned some interesting, it cost me about 300 ($30) points on Opinion OutpostOpinion Outpost is part of Survey Sampling International, LLC (SSI).  I recently tried an iOS survey called QuickThoughts.  They were awful and I told them so, and that I also made public feed back.  Well they apparently tdidn't like that urned off my email for ALL accounts I had created that were part of SSI.  I informed QuickThoughts support what they had done, requested reactivation and they ignored me. 

Last week Imwas locked out of 3 different SSI survey sites, all on th same day. I complained to BBB, and almost immediately all my accounts were restored with the current earnings intact.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Have had this problem twice this year.  Latest iteration involved blocking access to my account without notification or explanation of any sort.  No response to emails yet, either.  There is money in my account and I would at least like to have that before I abandon the site forever.  Like many here, I have been a long time respondent at O.O., and when it works its a pretty fine deal.  These cutoff incidents lately, though, have destroyed my confidence in the company, and I do not suggest engaging with them.

• 3 weeks later...

I had my account cancelled from OO and QuickThoughts. OO just stated sending me emails out of the blue so I went to see if my account was still frozen and to me surprise it was not cancelled. My account from QT was also reactivated. I don't know if I should bother doing any surveys from OO

Has anyone actually been able to cash out without being frozen lately? I've been stuck in the frozen/reactivation cycle for nearly a month. OO's Facebook reviews are in shambles with 1-star complaints. 

On 10/25/2017 at 9:54 AM, MunnyHunny said:

Has anyone actually been able to cash out without being frozen lately? I've been stuck in the frozen/reactivation cycle for nearly a month. OO's Facebook reviews are in shambles with 1-star complaints. 

I just cashed out last week for PayPal. It now takes 1 full day before they will process your payment. Also, once you have earned $500 for the year you cannot cash out w/o a 1099 on file.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, MunnyHunny said:

I cashed out for PayPal three times this month (last one was five minutes ago) and have not had any problems.

Thank you, I was just wondering. I've seen mostly complaints lately and was starting to get even more worried. I'm trying not to think the worst- that they are scamming people and/or about to close up shop.