I got booted from a healthcare forum

rosiesmom

35 minutes ago, Tellwut said:

Tellwut does offer guaranteed points everyday for our active members. In a way, some see those as earning points for surveys that they dont' qualify for.

I don't fault Tellwut for offering them but I'm past the stage of doing surveys for nothing. Plus I feel I owe a survey site better answers if I'm getting paid something for each survey. Most of them I assume are making money off my answers so they're getting paid but the best they can offer are sweepstakes entries?

6 minutes ago, JD said:

I don't fault Tellwut for offering them but I'm past the stage of doing surveys for nothing. Plus I feel I owe a survey site better answers if I'm getting paid something for each survey. Most of them I assume are making money off my answers so they're getting paid but the best they can offer are sweepstakes entries?

I see where you're coming from JD. In reference to Tellwut, we don't make money off of a survey unless it is a successful complete.

I actually do participate in some private communities that only offer sweepstakes, if the topic is interesting enough, or if the surveys are short enough - I've gotten a couple hundred dollars out of them (total), and they're small enough that your chances are respectable. Plus, a couple of them that started as sweepstakes-only switched to actual guaranteed rewards later on. :D

The big public sites, no freaking way, actual cash (well, actual cash or Amazon cash) or nothing. Smaller invite-only communities, I give a little more slack. (Though I am planning on dropping one of them after the next raffle runs, that I feel insufficiently respects my time.)