Why Does Survey Sample International companies treat their panelists so poorly??

schludermann

I've been expanding my active surveys and have had a few interactions with several companies that are part of Survey Sampling International (SSI).  Judging from support responses they have an internal culture that is suspicious (think you're cheating them if your IP waivers) , Vindictive (will capriciously turn off ALL accounts), condescending (ignore support requests and BBB inquires) and specialize in doublespeak.  I don't understand how a large company thinks they can keep beating up on regular folks and keep a reputation that will attract new people.  SSI companies

• Like 3

They are among the latest survey companies that used to reward their users. This is just my opinion but a lot of companies now are just selling our screen outs and information. It must be more valuable than an actual survey. All companies run on profit.  They don't care about BBB unfortunately.  I'm adraid these companies are mostly going to just rip us off 

• Like 2

You notice no one from SSI ever comes into these forums like Tellwut and some others. They are shady as hell and you will, at some point, end up battling for your cash out. I haven't had any trouble since I battled and got mine but I don't give them a lot of attention anymore either. Opinion Outpost is the most innocuous of the lot but I've noticed that when I run out of surveys and get the "come back later" msg with them, I immediately get the same screen from the other SSI sites, like iPoll, at that point whether or not I've logged in on those sites that day or not. Even if I respond to an email invite from iPoll, if I'm at that screen with OO, the invite will instantly screen out with the survey invite. It's scandalous really.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dotsmith1980 said:

They are among the latest survey companies that used to reward their users. This is just my opinion but a lot of companies now are just selling our screen outs and information. It must be more valuable than an actual survey. All companies run on profit.  They don't care about BBB unfortunately.  I'm adraid these companies are mostly going to just rip us off 

On the topic of the BBB - I found this interesting post on Reddit about them.

On 8/21/2017 at 10:06 AM, Tellwut said:

On the topic of the BBB - I found this interesting post on Reddit about them.

That's not actually uncommon in the USA. In Texas, ERCOT, which runs the electric grid is a non-profit.  Non-profits can command large high value activity.

If you're post was because you think this type of activity is incongruous with non-profits, you might want to read up on B-corps (Benefit Corporations)

7 minutes ago, schludermann said:

That's not actually uncommon in the USA. In Texas, ERCOT, which runs the electric grid is a non-profit.  Non-profits can command large high value activity.

If you're post was because you think this type of activity is incongruous with non-profits, you might want to read up on B-corps (Benefit Corporations)

I just posted  because I've read on Reddit that many people don't trust the BBB, and i've read here that many seem to think they are an authority type of figure.