Who's doing these surveys?

calafan

I assume the main goal of survey companies is to get people to do their surveys so they can get paid by the companies who hire them. We all complain as survey payments are cut but it continues to get worse. Who is still doing these 20 minute surveys that pay $1 or less? There must be people doing them or the companies would have to increase payments. Either that or these survey companies are scamming their clients to the same degree they are cheating us.

• Like 4

If you were running a company that is starting to fail (seems surveys aren't the business they once were) ,who would be the first person you would save?I bet we know who.You sure wouldn't give it to the people who make you the money?And a dollar is high on some of these sites.I've seen some sites that pay as low .25 cents for that amount of time.So tell me who does those ones?Not me, that's for sure.I agree with all you say, the way surveys are going they  may not be around in another 10 to 20 years at this rate.

• Like 1

I think they are scamming us and the companies that pay them. The main one scamming companies is qualtrics, leading them to believe they have their own survey panel.   If anything these survey panels should charge the clients more instead of lowering our rewards.  I still say it's time for a class action lawsuit against them.

12 hours ago, somelady said:

I think they are scamming us and the companies that pay them. The main one scamming companies is qualtrics, leading them to believe they have their own survey panel.   If anything these survey panels should charge the clients more instead of lowering our rewards.  I still say it's time for a class action lawsuit against them.

So this is how I see things-

While I like your idea, no one is holding a gun to our heads telling us to do the survey so I don't think a class action lawsuit would work.Plus we would have to have evidence of fraud.Best way to get back at them is to stop doing surveys for so little pay and that would mean every single person would have to jump on board.If they make no money they would either have to close shop or offer more money.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, footfree said:

So this is how I see things-

While I like your idea, no one is holding a gun to our heads telling us to do the survey so I don't think a class action lawsuit would work.Plus we would have to have evidence of fraud.Best way to get back at them is to stop doing surveys for so little pay and that would mean every single person would have to jump on board.If they make no money they would either have to close shop or offer more money.

I agree  footfree the best we could do is stop doing them  but there will always be somebody that will continue even if the survey is paying pennies.

• Like 1

While we're on the subject, lol, I did a survey TWICE for MV yesterday. It's similar to another experience written about in this forum about rewards. The survey invite I got from MV was for 50 points. When I went to each of those surveys it was for a company called "Brand Opinions" or something. They said, right on the 1st page, "we will pay you 100 points for taking this survey". Well, at this point, I had to take it just to see and yep-MV only paid me 50 points. So, there is where I believe their profit is. MV, OO, IP, all of them are middle men. We have to get to the other companies, lol. I'm doing initials because I've seen panelists mention their accounts being cancelled when they point these things out to the companies doing it.

That's why I recommend taking screen shots.But here is the other thing you can take screen shots and send them to the i.e....... survey companies but most times they choose to ignore them and not pay anything anyways.Sometimes they will but it's better to have some proof then none at all.I don't know what the answer is I have always been gun ho on doing something I just wish I knew what could be done about it.It's not right how they treat people and how they get away with it

3 hours ago, footfree said:

That's why I recommend taking screen shots.But here is the other thing you can take screen shots and send them to the i.e....... survey companies but most times they choose to ignore them and not pay anything anyways.Sometimes they will but it's better to have some proof then none at all.I don't know what the answer is I have always been gun ho on doing something I just wish I knew what could be done about it.It's not right how they treat people and how they get away with it

Yeah, but every extra minute I have to take because of a dishonest survey company just makes me "grind my gears" (credit to Family Guy)

• Like 2