Phrases in survey questions that bug you

Trueblue

10 hours ago, JR said:

I totally understand that they need to ask for ages for respondents, but it's just the wording that bugs me when they ask, "how old were you on your last birthday?" It just sounds so clunky and stupid when they could've just asked, "what is your age?" like most surveys do.

4 hours ago, neminem said:

Yeah, that one does bug me - like they think we're so stupid, we can't understand a simple question like "how old are you today", and have to dumb it down for us. Though actually, the one that bugs me the most is also age related: there's one survey company I've seen a few times (don't remember the one, it's the one that uses birthday candles and makes you click on them) - they say something like "we really hate ask you, but we have to know: how old are you?" No, you don't hate to ask us, it's a basic question every survey asks, and why would we not want to answer it, anyway? That makes no sense.

OK, I see what both of you mean. The candles drive me crazy like they are dealing with kids.

21 minutes ago, Trueblue said:

That reminds me of that survey site that keeps sending us "another exciting survey"

I don't know about you but the exciting ones stopped a few years ago

Just now, peach6 said:

I don't know about you but the exciting ones stopped a few years ago

No, I still get an "exciting" survey every once in a while - you can tell them apart easily: they're the ones that pay decently. :D