Sad day -my puppy passed away

footfree

My dog had a litter of 4 pups.I kept the 2 girls and my Mom took 1 boy and my oldest daughter the other.Unfortunately as she was taken her meds one fell he grabbed it and ate it and then later passed away.It was my youngest favorite puppy but I let him go to live with my Mom.She hasn't been told yet ,I just hope this doesn't put a wrench in their relationship.So anyone who has or that you know who gets a puppy please tell them to be careful taking pills around them.This was a anti- nausea pill that absorbs quickly into the stomach and the poor little guy just didn't have a chance .Charlie will be missed he was family...........................

I'm so sorry for your loss :( Puppies are so fast and can get into things before you even realize there are things for them to get into. A tragic accident, RIP puppy

I know how it feels. I accidentally killed a cat years ago by giving him most of a casserole with lots of onions in it. He got so sick and died a horrible death. I still feel so bad about it. At the time I didn't know that onions were toxic to cats until doing an internet search when he started getting sick.

O footfree, so sorry for all of you. :cry: I know how that goes, my mom is always dropping her pills and Atticus will eat anything, I have to keep a close watch on him................. :roll:

Thanks to all- my youngest was heartbroken but at least she doesn't blame anyone and realizes it was accident.

I never knew onions were toxic to cats thanks for the info .

Thanks to all- my youngest was heartbroken but at least she doesn't blame anyone and realizes it was accident.

I never knew onions were toxic to cats thanks for the info .

That's a sweet youngest................. :mrgreen: