Research into audio listening experiences

s3aAudio

Hi all, 

I'm a researcher at Salford University in the UK researching sound perception.

As part of my current research project, I'm running a survey to try to get a better understanding of why people listen to reproduced audio in different situations. If you're interested in taking part, the survey should take no more than 10-15 mins and you can enter into a prize draw to win a £50 Amazon voucher. 

Here's the link to the survey:  http://www.sound101.org/listener_experience/

Thanks!

Think about the last experience you had involving sound reproduction technology. This could include recorded music, radio, television, internet video, podcasts, video games, VR, cinema, or any other technology that involves reproduced sound.

This is confusing. Why not just say  We are interested in people's experiences with sound and audio .  instead of the above statement  why not say "The last experience you had listening to music" . All sound through any media we listen to  are "reproduced". It's not like we are there during live recording. This needs better explanation.

I did not take the survey, just looked at the first page, didn't like the question asking to describe who, what, & where, while listening.

"to get a better understanding of why people listen to reproduced audio in different situations"  This just sounds so......  I can't even think of words to say, it's just not right.