Is getting paid even possible?

SLEE

I was part of a survey panel a few months ago.  I was recruited by (someone?) and agreed to it.  I can no longer even find who the original company was that sent me the invitation.  And then, of course they farmed it out to someone else, and after taking a several days' worth of notes and discussions, and giving the panel exactly what they were asking of me...lo and behold, I never got paid.  Sadly, I can't remember even how much the original invitation promised to pay me for my participation.  I have been somewhat able to trace back far enough to find someone in a company who said they have contacted someone else in another company, and that person is "waiting to hear back from one of their peers" about what ever happened to MY payment.  Supposedly, all the other panelists have been paid for their participation.  It is infuriating to find out that despite my best efforts and those of the second person I've contacted, nothing has been done to resolve this issue for me.  I wish there was a public/official way to alert people about this scam, since I fear others will also fall victim to it.  The last company I contacted was Dynata.  I left them a pointed message on their social media, contacted the company via their online form, and still have received no payment nor received any response.  Shall I just walk away and hope I NEVER fall victim to this type of dishonesty again?

I'm confused.  You say  took a survey from a company you don't recall, that was 'farmed out' by another company you don't recall, spent several days on it,  yet don't recall how much it was even worth.  Then you say you traced back to some company about the whole deal to complain and found others have been paid?  So sounds like you DID locate the company and or survey? 

In any case, unless you want to keep going blindly in circles, I'd say let it go, chalk it up a bad experience and in the future keep track of the surveys you take, especially if they are some kind of panel thing lasting more than a few minutes. 

• Like 1