Sign in to follow this  
Pretzelforce58

How do you spend your earnings from surveys?

Pretzelforce58

I had this thought the other day when I was cashing out from a survey site. What do y'all do with your survey earnings?

I usually spend mine. Well, sort of. I wait until I have big PayPal balance ($50 or more), then I transfer that to my bank account. From there it somehow always disappears, but that's another story. :8_laughing:  With any gift cards I get, I try to spend them on things I actually need or would be buying anyway, like food.

I've heard of some people transferring their cash to retirement accounts. Not that taking surveys is enough to retire from but I guess the point being that some people save their cash for a rainy day. What do y'all do?

• Like 3

episemion

I usually redeem for either Paypal , which I let accumulate , or Amazon , which I store on their site and use for items I need. just received a 60 roll case of TP that way. The only exception is on OneOpinion , I normally redeem for a physical Walmart card which I use for groceries there.

• Like 1

mnleona

I use them for gifts for birthdays and Christmas. Walmart, I use for myself. 

• Like 1

dawn_b_adams

Most of the surveys I take I put in my PayPal to sit for awhile. When I want to buy something nice for myself, I transfer the PayPal to my bank account. I have a couple of panels that I have Amazon gift cards for, so far over $170 credit to my Amazon card. Since I have a Kindle app, I buy a lot of books, and use the credit to pay for them. It’s basically all gravy money, don’t have to use it to pay bills and that. 

• Like 2

NevadaJones

Had been saving money earned to defray some of the costs of attending my daughter's wedding, which didn't happen as it has been postponed to some future date unknown because of the virus. :-(

So right now I'm just letting all my survey riches marinate for awhile. :lol:

But fret not, I'm sure I'll find something useful to do with my earnings! :91_thumbsup:

• Like 2

mnleona

I gave  my daughter some gift cards (e-cards) for Mother's Day.

• Like 2

somelady

Depending on the amount I transfer from paypal to my bank right away. I let amazon build up until I have enough to buy things, especially to get the free shipping. Sites where they send checks I let it build up to at least $20 before cashing out.Up until a year ago this was my only income so most of my earnings went to necessities, now I can get a few wants.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Side_Hustle

Help pay some utilities or buy basic necessities on Amazon.

• Like 2

Pretzelforce58
On 5/13/2020 at 3:03 PM, NevadaJones said:

Had been saving money earned to defray some of the costs of attending my daughter's wedding, which didn't happen as it has been postponed to some future date unknown because of the virus. :-(

So right now I'm just letting all my survey riches marinate for awhile. :lol:

But fret not, I'm sure I'll find something useful to do with my earnings! :91_thumbsup:

Sorry to hear about your daughter's wedding, but survey riches? Sounds like when she does get married, it's going to be a very swanky event!!! :lol:

• Haha 1

Pretzelforce58
On 5/16/2020 at 7:46 PM, somelady said:

Depending on the amount I transfer from paypal to my bank right away. I let amazon build up until I have enough to buy things, especially to get the free shipping. Sites where they send checks I let it build up to at least $20 before cashing out.Up until a year ago this was my only income so most of my earnings went to necessities, now I can get a few wants.

I haven't requested a check from anywhere for a while. I guess they're super delayed right now? I imagine it wouldn't be easy printing hundreds of checks from someone's home computer.