I have a question about a virtual Visa?

NFriday

Hi- I did a market research study back in February where I got paid with a $125 virtual visa.  I am wondering if I can transfer it to my pay pal account?  The virtual Visa is only good for three months, and it must be used online, but everytime I log in to be able to use it, I get this awful Captcha, and the last time I tried to use it, I got the Captcha, but I figured it out, but then they told me they were going to send a code to my email account, and I would have to enter it before they let me use my visa.  I went to my email account, and opened up the email with the code.  They said the code was only good for 15 minutes, and so then I went back to enter the code, but I was told the code was not valid.  Has anybody else dealt with a virtual visa?  It is very frustrating.  

• Like 1

I've never had a problem like that. IF you are able to get the Virtual Visa info ( name on the card,  card number. and expiration date) print it out and keep track yourself as to how much of this Virtual Visa you have used. Then you won't have to keep logging into this difficult site.

Btw, you probably only need the card number and the expiration date.

15 hours ago, NFriday said:

can transfer it to my pay pal account

Yes. Download the Paypal HERE app and charge the balance into your Paypal account. It will cost a few dollars because it works like a purchase but it is so much less stressful knowing your money is secure and not in a virtual account. It's free and you do not need the card reader you just need the app. You can manually enter the virtual card information in the app. Scroll down to 'Getting started is easy'

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ksedwar said:

Yes. Download the Paypal HERE app and charge the balance into your Paypal account. It will cost a few dollars because it works like a purchase but it is so much less stressful knowing your money is secure and not in a virtual account. It's free and you do not need the card reader you just need the app. You can manually enter the virtual card information in the app. Scroll down to 'Getting started is easy'

WOW! THANKS!

18 hours ago, ksedwar said:

Can you explain how to do that in detail?  I typically use all my survey money to pay down my debts, so this would be really helpful 

1. Download the app here
  2. Open the Paypal Here app and sign in with your Paypal email and password
  3. Type in the amount you want to charge then click Charge
  4. Click 'Enter Card Number'
  5. Type in the card number, expiration date and your zip code
  6. Click Charge or Next
  7. Done
  • Like 2

have downloaded the app, but my account is already considered a business account.  The app insists on switching my personal account to a business one anyway, and keeps asking me the name of my business.  I'm not sure how to proceed 

On 3/18/2021 at 9:42 PM, NFriday said:

Hi- I did a market research study back in February where I got paid with a $125 virtual visa.  I am wondering if I can transfer it to my pay pal account?  The virtual Visa is only good for three months, and it must be used online, but everytime I log in to be able to use it, I get this awful Captcha, and the last time I tried to use it, I got the Captcha, but I figured it out, but then they told me they were going to send a code to my email account, and I would have to enter it before they let me use my visa.  I went to my email account, and opened up the email with the code.  They said the code was only good for 15 minutes, and so then I went back to enter the code, but I was told the code was not valid.  Has anybody else dealt with a virtual visa?  It is very frustrating.  

N Friday, have you tried looking in your browser's Settings ? Try selecting ALLOW in your Java, Flash, and the Payment Handler and Virtual Reality options. You might want to select other options as well in your browser's settings. Hope this helps you get closer to receiving a successful code entry to validate your virtual visa card.

On 3/20/2021 at 7:56 AM, natofborg said:

Can you explain how to do that in detail?  I typically use all my survey money to pay down my debts, so this would be really helpful 

Log into your account and send an invoice for the amount of your gift card to a 2nd  email address. Log out of your account.

Log into that 2nd email & when you open the Paypal email there will be an option to pay invoice. Click to pay the invoice (Do NOT log into your own Paypal account, just pay invoice.)

Enter the card #'s and that's it. Paypal will take a small cut.

On 4/1/2021 at 2:17 AM, natofborg said:

Thanks. That is what I'm already doing, but since my account is already a business account, I don't need an app to do it

You don't need an app. Use the browser & it doesn't matter if it's business or personal.