Problems with YouGov

melbourne_yankee

I joined YouGov earlier in the year and after several months I was able to redeem points for a gift card.  No problems with that transaction at all.

After a period of time I built up enough points for a PayPal redemption and tried to redeem the points.  I kept getting a "oops something went wrong screen".  So figuring that they were having some kind of glitch I decided to keep doing the surveys and build up the points. I tried off and on to redeem the points, but kept getting the  same screen. I managed to get to 50,000 points and again tried to redeem points over a period of weeks always getting the same screen as above.

After numerous attempts I finally sent an email to them stating  the problem and attached a copy of the screen.  I never got a reply and continued to send them an email after every failed attempt.  

Two weeks after the last email and still not having received a reply I again attempted to redeem points for Paypal cash....

This time I was able to  redeem 5000 points and almost immediately the cash appeared in my account. So I thought great, I'll redeem the nother 5000 points for another $25 Paypal cash. I immediately received an email from YouGov stating that I had redeemed 5000 points, BUT nothing from PayPal. I checked my account for the missing money every couple of days.

I waited, and waited and nothing for days.  After a week of not having received anything I again sent them an email which was acknowledged with an automated responce.  After another week I still had't received the money or an email respeonce so I again sent them another email.

I am now waiting for a responce from them.

So to sum up the situation:

1.  I was unable to redeem points for months.

2.  Once I reached 10,000 points I was again unable to redeem points for three more weeks.

3.  Numerous emails sent to YouGov were never answered during this entire time.

4.  I was able to redeem 5000 points and was paid, but no explanation from YouGov what the problem was.

5.  My second redemption was acknowledged, but has not yet been paid.

Furthermore, I had built up a small amount in their other program, Direct, and sent in the redemption request today.  I will update this topic if and when they pay the amount to my bank account.

Finally, I'm not going to do any more surveys  from them until they pay me and then have good long think about closing the account based on the actions to date.

• Sad 1

Well it is 30 December and I have the following to report:

1.  I was paid remaining amount into my PayPal account on the 29th of December - 20 days AFTER I requested redemption. I received notification from PayPal that YouGov sent me money.

Not one email from YouGov during the entire process with regards to being unable to redeem points or not paying the remainer of the redeemed points right away.

2. I was paid the amount owed by the "Direct Program" today.  That took a week to get into the account rather than the next day payment that was advised.

So they paid, but it took more time than expected with no explanation.

Any comments?

• Like 1

I've been a member of YouGov for years, I've never used the PayPal option, always amazon code and I always took the 100,000 points payout because it had the best yield. The turn around is about five to ten days, I'm in the country of Texas. I noticed the PayPal rewards that you describing were much more lucrative than the amazon rewards. The $25 for 5,000 points is five times what I actualized for Amazon option. However, after I logged in to my YouGov account, to investigate switching to PayPal option. there was no PayPal option. There was a bank transfer option, $50 for 55,000 points and $100 for 100,000 points.  Perhaps the PayPal program is being discontinued?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, schludermann said:

I've been a member of yougov for years, I've never used the PayPal option, always amazon code and I always took the 100,000 points payout because it had the best yield. The turn around is about five to ten days, I'm in the country of Texas. I noticed the PayPal rewards that you describing were much more lucrative than the amazon rewards. The $25 for 5,000 points is five times what I actualized for Amazon option. However, after I logged in to my yougov account, to investigate switching to PayPal option. there was no PayPal option. There was a bank transfer option, $50 for 55,000 points and $100 for 100,000 points.  Perhaps the PayPal program is being discontinued?

Yeah, there isn't a PayPal option for YouGov. I did the bank transfer option, and the money was in my account in a couple of days. I cashed out for $50. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well it has three months and I finally made enough to redeem.again with YouGov.

I tried it and it went through right away.

So that's great, but it took a long time to be able to get enough surveys to get the reward.