Not Taking The Bait

Duck

Swagbucks had a survey today listed for 5.dollars and 65 minutes to complete.  I realize there is a sucker born every minute but I will not be one today.  For one thing if it was listed as 65 minutes it would probably be more like 90.  What could potentially happen is one could get about 50 minutes in and then BAM!!,  they disqualify you.  Nope,  don't think so Swagbucks.  I'll stick with my 20 minutes or less surveys, that way I do not have so much time invested when I am kicked out. . 

• Like 3

Their sister company mypoints has one today and it was to watch a TV show, I swear it was for at least 300 points and 60 minutes.  It ended up being more like 90 minutes and I got a whopping 75 points.  What a waste of my life!!

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

15 hours ago, rosiesmom said:

Their sister company mypoints has one today and it was to watch a TV show, I swear it was for at least 300 points and 60 minutes.  It ended up being more like 90 minutes and I got a whopping 75 points.  What a waste of my life!!

Have done a couple like that. Low points in the end and the TV show is lousy to boot.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just had one on My Points that paid 1700 points (4-6 week delay) that required watching 4 30 minute episodes of a TV show plus answering questions. Estimated time to complete it was 140 minutes. Not a chance! 

• Like 3

I just posted about this! I had several of these today, over 10 and they are still on my dashboard, I cannot get rid of them and all they do is dq me.  That much time for 1,000 points, no thanks.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, rosiesmom said:

I just posted about this! I had several of these today, over 10 and they are still on my dashboard, I cannot get rid of them and all they do is dq me.  That much time for 1,000 points, no thanks.

And the shows that you have to watch are either lousy or of no interest.

• Like 1

I don't even try to take any survey that says it'll last longer than 15 minutes tbh. I'd rather earn less points than take a chance at a long survey that almost certainly won't pay me.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2022 at 10:06 PM, Oshawott said:

I don't even try to take any survey that says it'll last longer than 15 minutes tbh. I'd rather earn less points than take a chance at a long survey that almost certainly won't pay me.

Same here Oshawott,  just move quickly from one survey to another after you get disqualified or rejected at the end.   I find I can get to my goals more quickly by sticking with surveys that are shorter.  The exception to that rule would be surveys that you have a high rate of completion.  If that is the case I will sometimes go for one a little longer. 

• Like 2