BEWARE OF One Poll (Survey Scam Site)

Njsurveyman

I noticed recently that I haven't been receiving any survey email invites, therefore I logged in to find out that my account is blocked!! I have always answered EVERY survey truthfully and honestly! Furthermore, I am owed around $38.00 from previous surveys I took with them. (Their min cash out threshhold is $65) I sent an email to their "team members". I AM LIVID!

• Sad 2

They responded with BS. They claimed I didn't answer several questions correctly and sent me a bunch of warnings, which was a complete lie. Then, they said they reinstated my account (but just this once). Another lie, because I still cannot log in. Therefore, I sent them another email asking why they lied about reinstating my account, and of course no reply.

For anyone who uses them still, I strongly suggest cutting your ties with them. They are no longer legit. You need $65 min to cash out with them, and they seem to block most accounts now before reaching that point. I notice many others reviewed them poorly in the google app store as well. I also put in a report to the NY BBB and Attorney General's Office. I hope they get shut down!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Absolutely ridiculous that they treat you like that! I hope you get results from the BBB. Please keep us posted. 

• Like 1

Thanks. The Attorney General's office of NY emailed me back and asked to call them to follow up. Even though their main HQ is in the UK, they also have an office in Brooklyn, NY. I doubt I will ever get my $38 of survey money back from them, but I would really like to see them get shut down. I would probably have to sue them in small claims court to get my money back, but probably not worth the trouble over $38. I also have a pending complaint with the BBB

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

UPDATE: After speaking with the Attorney General's Office on the phone, by some "miracle" One Poll suddenly unlocked my account again. However, still not seeing any surveys available. We will see what happens.

But, I did learn that it is indeed highly illegal (in some cases a felony) for any survey company to withold money previously earned from them, despite their TOS. Typically the Consumer Fraud Dept within the Attorney General's Office for the state the survey site is located in handles these cases and they do take criminal action against these companies, especially when numerous complaints are received against them. Therefore never be afraid to report a company for witholding money earned. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 11 months later...

The same this happened to me they blocked me and they owe me £20 and I have no idea why they said I may have unsubscribed but I have not.

This is shocking that One Poll is keeping all the rewards!

Who are the BBB please?

They have asked for passport photos plus all my passport details and photo id and picture of me and my address?
Very dodgy request!
I am very concerned!
If I don't comply they keep all your rewards in my case £20
I also see from the reviews many other users of One Poll have had the same experience,.
No other companies have every asked for this sort or personal information.

Date of experience: August 07, 2023

• 2 weeks later...

The BBB is the Better Business Bureau. They won't get your money back in most cases, but it puts other consumers on notice if a company has a lot of complaints against them. 

Never comply with passport photo requests. Losing a few bucks from a corrupt survey company is better than being a victim of ID theft.