What's the point of J.D. Power surveys?

Oshawott

In all my time taking surveys (over 10 years), I think I've only ever qualified for and completed J.D. Power surveys about 5 times, and I must've tried taking their surveys at least 1,000 times. And of those 5 that I did complete, at least a couple of them didn't even pay me. 99% of the time it's impossible to qualify for them and I legitimately wonder why they bother sending out surveys that most people won't even get to fill out. What's the point, exactly?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I gave up on them about a year ago. IF I do qualify I usually don't get paid. 

I guess that some people must still take them seriously (and maybe get reimbursed?) and take the surveys but not you or me!

• Like 2

Same experience here. Now when I take one , when I know it is close to the end , I have my finger ready to capture a screen shot of the completion screen.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Oshawott said:

In all my time taking surveys (over 10 years), I think I've only ever qualified for and completed J.D. Power surveys about 5 times, and I must've tried taking their surveys at least 1,000 times. And of those 5 that I did complete, at least a couple of them didn't even pay me. 99% of the time it's impossible to qualify for them and I legitimately wonder why they bother sending out surveys that most people won't even get to fill out. What's the point, exactly?

Same here.. after they get the info they want they screen you out..

• Like 4

There is a reason they closed their own site and left people hanging and unable to cash out.  I haven't completed one on the other sites that they pop up on. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I love their ads which have "so many approved" (or words like that) and I wonder how many really qualified so I do not believe their ads. 

• Like 1

me too, i think i've only completed a handful of their surveys, i start one and then 'sorry you don't qualify' pops up, even when i think i've finished one.  now when i get them, i just x out.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NFriday said:

I am rarely eligible for JD Power surveys.

Same here. The only ones I seem able to do are the utilities based one.

I honestly think they just don't have that many surveys in general and the ones they do have are either utilities,  credit cards, insurance,  etc. related topics.  Maybe they update them every now and then when possible but very limited topics.  However,  these topics are probably extremely valuable for them so they are very very selective about who they decide to qualify and also pay. I have completed a couple, maybe 5-8%, and usually tedious to the point of psychological torture. 

• 2 months later...

The last time I took one of their surveys was August (see above post). Being thst I actually got credit back then, I tried again today.  After completing the entire LONG survey and thanking me for its completion  I got the following message and no credit for my honest efforts

So JDPower is up to its old tricks yet again.

"-oh, something went wrong. Please close this page and return to your survey provider"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sandy21 said:

The last time I took one of their surveys was August (see above post). Being thst I actually got credit back then, I tried again today.  After completing the entire LONG survey and thanking me for its completion  I got the following message and no credit for my honest efforts

So JDPower is up to its old tricks yet again.

"-oh, something went wrong. Please close this page and return to your survey provider"

That is why I always take a screen shot of the page saying it was completed for proof.