Picture Captchas Are Driving Me Crazy!!

Sandy21

I've dealt well with picture captchas in the past, where you check off cars, fire hydrants or whatever to prove you are human. But as of late they have been impossible for me. The pictures are grainy, indistinct and more often than not they are very hard to see.. I've wasted as much as 10 minutes prior to being allowed to begin a survey. Sometimes they even switch me to a sound captcha where I write out what I hear. Very frustrating and a waste if time.

This problem started  out of the blue about a week ago. Anyone else experiencing this newest time-waster?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I hate them! What about the bottom of the bicycle wheel? That's in the picture! But then it doesn't work. How much of the fire hydrant do they want us to click on? I click on every part but it's wrong. I have had to go through 4, 5 of these before they let me start. They treat us like idiots. I can see disqualifying questions in a survey...if someone doesn't know what's 2+3, I wouldn't want them to do my survey either. But these captchas are the biggest nuisances!!

• Like 3

13 hours ago, ConnecticutMarc said:

The idiots do that to make surveys difficult.

They do it to ruin your eyesight on purpose

• Like 2

Yeah I had some a week or so ago where you had to pick out animals. They mixed squirrels with hedgehogs and it was all so blurry. It was hard to tell what was a squirrel and what was a hedgehog. It was furry mess!

• Like 2

I've been playing the Flavor Adventure game at Jewel, which is owned by Albertson's, and they have an alternate way you can play the game up to 10 times a day. and lately, I have been getting recaptchas when I play the game.  Last night I only got the recaptchas,about 50% of the time.  The game ends on Tuesday and I am glad.  Nobody here shops at Safeway, Von's or Albertson's?  I hate the recaptchas.  I have been getting a lot of motorcycles and bicycles.

10 hours ago, NFriday said:

I've been playing the Flavor Adventure game at Jewel, which is owned by Albertson's, and they have an alternate way you can play the game up to 10 times a day. and lately, I have been getting recaptchas when I play the game.  Last night I only got the recaptchas,about 50% of the time.  The game ends on Tuesday and I am glad.  Nobody here shops at Safeway, Von's or Albertson's?  I hate the recaptchas.  I have been getting a lot of motorcycles and bicycles.

None in my area. The major chains here are Wegmans , Tops , and Aldi.

18 hours ago, NFriday said:

I shop at Von's but don't play their games. Cars are the hardest for me as they are so small, grainy, and in the corner of the pictures. I like busses best, easiest to see for me since they are so big.

Pretty much every survey that I've taken in the past year has had some kind of Captcha. They're annoying but I've gotten used to them. 

• Like 1

On 7/27/2023 at 5:59 AM, Sandy21 said:

This problem started  out of the blue about a week ago. Anyone else experiencing this newest time-waster?

Yep. They've always been frustrating but these recent blurred grainy ones are a whole other world of hair-pulling.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2023 at 7:37 PM, Oshawott said:

Pretty much every survey that I've taken in the past year has had some kind of Captcha. They're annoying but I've gotten used to them. 

I have found them to be particularly evil  and hard to decipher in the past two weeks, grainy and blurry. For me they are so much worse than they were in the past.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

yes, i have found the latest ones to be very blurry.... and in some like a bike or motorcycle, how much do you  click on? lately, i've had to go thru 3-4 before i can into the survey and then be disqualified.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, elsielc said:

yes, i have found the latest ones to be very blurry.... and in some like a bike or motorcycle, how much do you  click on? lately, i've had to go thru 3-4 before i can into the survey and then be disqualified.

Exactly my experience. Never had to go through so many screens before the last few weeks. Blurry, grainy, difficult to discern.

5 hours ago, elsielc said:

Have had those types several times recently as well.

• Like 1