How would you even answer this?

Oshawott

I got this question when trying to qualify for a survey, and I legitimately didn't know how to answer it.

To proceed, please find the value of 'y' in the following equation: 3y - 7 = 8.

y = 1
 y = 3
 y = 5
 y = 7
 y = 9

Like, is this algebra? I haven't taken a math class in about 15 years, and I had no idea what to select so I randomly picked the second option and got disqualified. Would most people know the right answer straight away, or am I just dumb?

I am really good at math, and I believe the answer is 5.  There is a survey I did maybe six months ago that involved a lot of math.  I was able to complete it, but even I was exhausted after completing it.  Somebody else here that did the survey was overwhelmed because his math skills are not as good as mine.

A lot of people would not know the answer, and yes it is algebra.

• Like 4

The answer is 5. You have to have a fairly good knowledge of algebra to solve that. Most people don't. The psychopaths who cooked that survey up did that only to make it difficult to do.

I also got this one last week and didn't know how to answer .  I took Algebra 1 & 2 in high school and still couldn't figure it out. I think I exited the survey.  My brain couldn't handle it.

That is an unusual one but I would rather have more like that instead of "describe your favorite holiday memory. With who, when, where, how, and why. How does this differ from vacations you take now? What would you change about the memory if you could?" Please use examples and be AS SPECIFIC IN DETAIL AS POSSIBLE.............

:shock:<_<:evil:How these people live with themselves..........idk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ironically I got sent to another survey that had the exact same question that I posted about, and when I gave the correct answer (5), it immediately disqualified me anyway. :8_laughing: I guess even correctly answering their annoying algebra questions isn't enough.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...