How do you answer this question?

Sandy21

Please type in the word that is underlined in the sentence below.

Flowers bloom in the spring.

I just ran across this question. Totally new to me to be asked to type in the word that is underlined. But of course NO word is underlined so I typed in flowers and was of course disqualified

Again, how would you answer a question when the option you are ask for is not given? Any ideas? Thanks

My idea....the idiots there don't proofread their own babbling.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ConnecticutMarc said:

My idea....the idiots there don't proofread their own babbling.

I so agree!

• Thanks 1

They want us to answer thoroughly and correctly but this have lots of misspellings and also incorrect word structures

Rules for thee but not for me..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NFriday said:

I would just say that none of them are underlined.

Not a choice, unfortunately 

1 hour ago, Mommabear said:

They want us to answer thoroughly and correctly but this have lots of misspellings and also incorrect word structures

Rules for thee but not for me..

You hit the nail right in the head!!

Do what I say, not what I do!

• Like 1

There's no way to answer that question without getting disqualified, so I would've just closed the tab.

A lot of surveys have spelling mistakes or just errors in general; I tried taking one the other day that was worth a decent amount of points, but when they asked me to input my zip code, there were no boxes in which to enter that information. I tried refreshing the page and I didn't have adblocker on or anything, so it seems like an error that stemmed from the survey itself rather than my web browser.

1 hour ago, Oshawott said:

There's no way to answer that question without getting disqualified, so I would've just closed the tab.

A lot of surveys have spelling mistakes or just errors in general; I tried taking one the other day that was worth a decent amount of points, but when they asked me to input my zip code, there were no boxes in which to enter that information. I tried refreshing the page and I didn't have adblocker on or anything, so it seems like an error that stemmed from the survey itself rather than my web browser.

Something  similar happened to me today.

I was terribly frustrated  as I took a  long survey for a good number of points. When I got to the end they asked me to confirm my birth year but there was no space to answer this question. So I could not complete the survey. A waste of a half hour because they made a mistake.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It's just one of those things. I've run into plenty that didn't have the choice I needed (usually none of the above), and just give up. No survey is worth tearing your hair out over.

Survey Monkey makes it easy for anybody to craft a survey. We may see more of these in the future that weren't thought out.

• 2 weeks later...