Are We REALLY Supposed To Read ALL That Information?

Sandy21

Before most surveys we are given TONS of information to read, labeled "Terms and Conditions" or the like . I suppose it is there to protect  them or maybe it is the law? Then we hit "Accept" and attempt to take the survey.

Does anyone  actually  read all the information they throw at us before we click accept? ( Some sites are much worse than others) If we diligently read all their rules and regulations a supposedly  15 minute survey ( that actually lasts a half hour) would take an hour to get through!

44 minutes ago, NFriday said:

I don't read all of that information.

I don't either unless I'm signing up to do an in-home product test.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jipsyjo30 said:

I don't either unless I'm signing up to do an in-home product test.

Good point!

• Like 1

I have skimmed a few in the past. Just normal NDA type stuff.

• Like 1

I read it mostly, unless it's one of those REALLY long ones. Fortunately, I end up with many of the same companies over and over so I haven't had to read one for a couple of months. And yeah, they have to post that stuff by law, but it is written to protect THEM.

• Like 2

I skim through their terms and conditions, but no I don't read them completely since that would take almost as much time as the surveys themselves sometimes.

I've noticed that surveys involving nicotine or tobacco in particular seem to have really long terms and conditions; those are the surveys that I tend to avoid because they also happen to be some of the most tedious ones out there.

I figure it's there to cover them for everything short of the International Space Station falling on them and to screw us the survey taker.  I tried reading it once and found it's a total screw job.  No more reading for me, they're gonna do what they're gonna do....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I skim through the old ones and do read when I do a new company or like somone says, a test. I enter sweepstakes and I do read the rules and terms when you have to click "I have read and accept". 

• Like 1

I mostly skim through them paying attention to the headers. Just yesterday I was skimming one and saw copyright notice. It stated that they will own the copyright to whatever you say and you will not receive compensation for it's use. I closed out of it. I have been burned by this before. A certain entity used my tagline in their ads and I got nothing. From then on I never give or say anything they can use in an ad and I never give up my copyright. Another thing I don't like is when they say if law enforcement or authorities asks they will turn over your info.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, somelady said:

I mostly skim through them paying attention to the headers. Just yesterday I was skimming one and saw copyright notice. It stated that they will own the copyright to whatever you say and you will not receive compensation for it's use. I closed out of it. I have been burned by this before. A certain entity used my tagline in their ads and I got nothing. From then on I never give or say anything they can use in an ad and I never give up my copyright. Another thing I don't like is when they say if law enforcement or authorities asks they will turn over your info.

No wonder you skim these details. You were surely 'burned'.

• Like 1

I don't read them either but I look for the general idea of the study...if I see I have to talk with another person or play a game, I opt out. Sometimes that's in the mile long blurb. I always wondered if other people read this stuff...WAY too long!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, somelady said:

I agree.

• Like 2