Gift card handling

Useless

Sorry if this bugs you, but I've chosen not to name names just in case, but I'm sure you'll know who I mean.

The biggest online vendor has a great way to add gift cards you've earned. Just put in the number and they show you how much you have in your account in total.

The biggest box store treats and stores each gift card individually. You can have up to five in your account, then you have to delete one to make room for the new one, but you can't delete any cards with no balance left until you reach the five-card limit and have to delete one. If you want your card account total, you have to look at each card and add them up. They don't let you look at all of them, either, at least I haven't been able to.

Does this bug anybody else or am I just too picky?

It bugs me too. I have to manually enter each one in a different "check gift card balance" area of their website to see what is left on each one.

Thankfully , I never use that one. I always opt for either the biggest online one or Paypal.

I never use that one either.  I only shop at the store maybe three times a year, and every time I am in the store, I ask myself why I am there.

• Like 1

I totally get where you're coming from. It's such a hassle when companies don't make things easy, especially with something as simple as gift cards. I've had similar issues with some online stores making it a whole process just to check your balance.

4 hours ago, NFriday said:

I never use that one either.  I only shop at the store maybe three times a year, and every time I am in the store, I ask myself why I am there.

I shop there at least 15 times a year as there is one less than 3 miles away and my WellCare Spendables can be used there for groceries. That is the only store here where it can be used for groceries.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NFriday said:

Where I live, that's the big place everyone shops (rural area). Since I've retired, I've been there maybe three times and not at all in a couple of years. They gradually stopped carrying the groceries I like. What stuff I still get there is strictly online, and the gift cards sure help.

I don't have any problems using the gift cards, it's just an awkward way of dealing with them.

That would definitely bug me, if I used them. If a site doesn't offer either an actual cash payout, or Amazon, I'm just not gonna use that site.