having to put your entire home address and phone number in a survey.....

elsielc

I see that from time to time. Unless it is at the end of the survey and I feel OK with it , I always either "x" out or use the opt out if there is one available.

You can't be too careful. Maybe 15 years ago I started getting bogus charges on my American Express card, of all things. I don't know how anyone got that card info unless it was a new vendor I'd tried, and I didn't even use that card for the order. I found out Amex had a swift approval for new businesses and didn't check them out at all. I cancelled that card and never went back to them.

Now it's much easier for crooks to get info on the internet.

4 hours ago, Useless said:

You can't be too careful. Maybe 15 years ago I started getting bogus charges on my American Express card, of all things. I don't know how anyone got that card info unless it was a new vendor I'd tried, and I didn't even use that card for the order. I found out Amex had a swift approval for new businesses and didn't check them out at all. I cancelled that card and never went back to them.

Now it's much easier for crooks to get info on the internet.

Wow! I am shocked by the AMEX info. Thanks for sharing

I've been receiving 'surveys' that are really just invitations to sign up with another panel. I'm looking especially at you, Qmee.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2024 at 5:08 AM, rosiesmom said:

I had one like that last week and I did comply and was dq'd, of course, and by golly, I received a call early this week from a survey company asking me to call them to do an online survey.  Noooooo, thank you.  Thought you weren't going to use it for anything.  Never said you might be calling or selling it to someone who would call.

A year or 2 ago give or take, for a while I kept getting random calls on my landline. Pretty sure I never used my landline on any survey sites but I'm sure they could look up phone number associated with addresses and whatnot. I noticed some sites I use route through dynata often, etc. Long story short I did a phone number search on the numbers that were calling the landline and they were dynata. They kept using different phone numbers so blocking them wasn't very helpful. The number is on the do not call list but apparently surveys are still allowed even if you're on the do not call list. They shouldn't allow surveys types of calls to still come through, cause who wants to do phone surveys? Not me. Anyway, I'm not sure if those calls were a result of being on survey panels that route through dynata etc. But I'm suspicious about it lol. 

I had one like that last week and I did comply and was dq'd, of course, and by golly, I received a call early this week from a survey company asking me to call them to do an online survey.  Noooooo, thank you.  Thought you weren't going to use it for anything.  Never said you might be calling or selling it to someone who would call.

Whoops! I kept trying to submit my reply but it kept acting like it wasn't going through so I kept hitting submit. Then I refreshed the page and hit it again and it went, but I discovered it apparently went through the other times too without showing me. I'd delete all the duplicates if I could but I don't think I can. It's only lets me edit. 

A lot of tobacco related surveys ask for your home address among other things, which is why I almost never take them anymore. They're also incredibly demanding about confirming that you're over 18 years old, sometimes asking multiple times before asking for your name and address. 

59 minutes ago, Oshawott said:

A lot of tobacco related surveys ask for your home address among other things, which is why I almost never take them anymore. They're also incredibly demanding about confirming that you're over 18 years old, sometimes asking multiple times before asking for your name and address. 

Never qualify as I don't smoke and never did. But maybe you don't have to smoke to quality?

Most of the websites blocked by Malwarebytes the first couple of months I took surveys were from Dynata. Malwarebytes gives you the bad website name. I haven't seen anything from them since before the end of last year.

• Confused 1

I don't smoke, but I did a market research thing before the pandemic, where I had to review film done by the tobacco industry trying to discourage kids from smoking.  They were looking for nonsmokers to give their opinion.  It was kind of lukewarm, but what else would you expect from the tobacco industry.

• Like 1