reCAPTCHA rant……

John4787

Need some tips on getting thru these reCAPTCHA walls before doing a survey. Mainly the original ones , not the newer ones that fade in etc . Is it ok to leave out a tiny tip of a motorcycle tyre ? Drives me nuts !

• Like 4

2 hours ago, John4787 said:

Need some tips on getting thru these reCAPTCHA walls before doing a survey. Mainly the original ones , not the newer ones that fade in etc . Is it ok to leave out a tiny tip of a motorcycle tyre ? Drives me nuts !

Totally drives me nuts too and many others as well! You are NOT alone. I don't think it is okay to leave out anything, even a tiny tip. But the problem here is inconsistency as mostly leaving any little piece out doesn't work. But every once in awhile it does. They are truly a royal pain in the butt!!

• Like 4

I was trying to do a survey on mypoints and had to try to get through the reCAPTCHA first.  It was so horrible and I did take my time, but I went through many of the reCAPTCHA screen and was finaly thrown out and got a notice from mypoints that I was being suspended from taking surveys. I did gently protest and complained about the reCAPTCHA and they had a change of heart. Ridiculous! I did tell someone once about this and they suggested that you should have 3-4 of the boxes checked, but no more.  I just hate those things!

• Like 3

Been there. There have been many times of late where it appeared all parts of the object were selected other than a micron touching another square that caused it to go to another reCAPTCHA. Sometimes that has required 4-5 tries to get it accepted. Quite annoying.

• Like 3

They've been getting worse for quite a while in my experience. Many of the images shown are grainy and difficult to make out. 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, trevorpee said:

They've been getting worse for quite a while in my experience. Many of the images shown are grainy and difficult to make out. 

Thank you for the confirmation- I thought it was my aging eyes!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, peach6 said:

That motorcycle one gets me ever time never get it right

Same thing here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Mommabear said:

Thank you for the confirmation- I thought it was my aging eyes!

Certainly not. I recently had cataracts removed from both eyes and the Captchas are still terrible!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, trevorpee said:

Certainly not. I recently had cataracts removed from both eyes and the Captchas are still terrible!

Has absolutely nothing to do with the health of our eyes! Thiese stupid things are inconsistent, tricky, and frustrating at best.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2024 at 12:16 AM, John4787 said:

No matter what you do on the motorcycle ones or bicycle it doesn't work. I reload those until I find one that is not a whole photo. I have to close out of a lot of surveys because of captcha not working right. This has been going on for about a month.

Same here. It's always some tiny bit and whether you click it or not, you've got a 50/50 chance of getting it right. I missed one like that yesterday with a bus. I made the mistake of including a square that had part of the rearview mirror in it. Hey, if they don't count that box, that means they didn't see it, so how do they expect us to see it?

3 hours ago, NFriday said:

Yesterday, I had an instance where I was told I had to do a recaptcha, but I could not do it in edge, and so they asked me to change to something else such as Chrome.

Do a search on "recaptcha edge" and it seems that there is an issue with it and Edge.