POLL: Should GPT Referral Links be Allowed?

Administrator

Do you think users should be allowed to make posts listing their GPT referral links?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think users should be allowed to make posts listing their GPT referral links?

• No - It contributes to SPAM on the forum and will lower the quality of the SurveyPolice Forum
    • No - Have SurveyPolice sign up with these GPT sites and funnel all referral link revenue to them
    • Yes - I have no problems with it and would like to post my own referral links here!
    • Yes - Only if we set out some rules, laid out by SP forum users about how this can be done in such a way that SPAM does not become a problem

Yes, I understand that, as is Cashcrate, which is also in the listings. I am a member of several of these sites. What I am saying is there is enough places to solicit people to sign up underneath you, but I don't personally feel this is the place to do it. It takes away from the legitimacy of this site and, as Jellyfish pointed out, people will be running here saying great things about any site just to get people to join under them. Now how does this help this particular site and its purpose for existence and for the people that come here looking for legitimate places to make money, whether it be a survey site or a GPT site? Can't one place be free from all this? Again, just one person's opinion.

Yes, I understand that, as is CashCrate, which is also in the listings. I am a member of several of these sites. What I am saying is there is enough places to solicit people to sign up underneath you, but I don't personally feel this is the place to do it. It takes away from the legitimacy of this site and, as Jellyfish pointed out, people will be running here saying great things about any site just to get people to join under them. Now how does this help this particular site and its purpose for existence and for the people that come here looking for legitimate places to make money, whether it be a survey site or a GPT site? Can't one place be free from all this? Again, just one person's opinion.

You said survey sites, so I was unsure if you realized this was specific to GPT sites and excluded survey sites.

TBH, due to the nature of the site, I don't think we'd have any long-term members suddenly screaming for people to sign up at sites that they previously said to avoid at all costs. I personally think that if done appropriately it would help out the members who are active but do not have friends or numerous blog readers or whomever to harass in order to benefit on sites like SuperPoints. If someone just looks for information and does not post, we have no way of sharing a referral link because we are not allowed to post them currently. If there are other places people can post their referrals perhaps you could post some links so that those of us who would like to share referral links can do so?

I might be crazy, but I just don't see people doing a complete 180 and being dishonest about the quality of a site simply because they could post a referral link to it.

It's not the long term members who would be abusing the legitimacy of this site by posting that junk all over the forum but the new members who sign up for just that reason. Like mafresh said, there is tons of sites where the people who do this can post their referral links without making a complete mess of this fine forum. The day I come here and see that junk everywhere will be the last day I will be a member and I think many other long time members feel the same way. I don't think the people who created this forum had in mind for it to be just a hub to place referral links and other spam and that is all it will be within 30 days of referral links being allowed. If that is the case, I would suggest changing the name from Survey Police to Survey Spam!

I really don't think referrals for GPT (or any other type) should allowed on here. It takes away from the main purpose of what this site is intended to do. Just my 2 cents.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you to all those who participated in the poll. Although the number of votes submitted was low, we have decided to disallow referral links from being posted on our forums. This decision was based not only on the poll but was mainly influenced by factors regarding how to preserve the integrity of SurveyPolice and the forum - allowing referral links did not seem conducive to that.

Sorry to all who will be disappointed by this decision but for the time being, this policy will remain.

SurveyPolice admin