OTX Surverys

susiejean

I've never qualified with OTX. I registered w/them July or August, and like everyone else, I would patiently answer questions only to be disqualifed. I click them off and I have canceled Greenfield. I never have qualifed for anything with Greenfield either. I'm not wasting my time with these guys. If you think about it, it also takes time away from the legitimate surveys and we may be missing out on some good ones messing around with these knuckleheads.

I'm not so sure complaining to OTX directly will do any good. Seems people have emailed them, and they get blown off. I think an online petition directly to companies using OTX would be much more effective. Great idea teachell!!

teachell....my son is a computer wizard so how about if I get him to set something up where everyone can access a running complaint form. That way we all aren't pulling our hair out and the companies would receive one list with all of our complaints?

Everybody......any other suggestions? I'm open to all of them.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zeekers

• guerilla-gardener

• SurveyBang

• mrbucket

You could send a million complaints to OTX and they would not care! The best thing to do is to totally avoid them and not answer even one question, just close it as soon as you see the word OTX anywhere... They are already the lowest rated panel on surveypolice and other places with the most complaints. They only care about the profit, not the quality of data, not the survey participants, and not the companies that work for them. I feel that they are largely responsible for killing off the serious and legitimate survey world and hurting many big companies that used them to try and collect data.

I totally agree. I would love to know the companies that contract with OTX and email them to say they need to switch survey companies. I'd love to tell them how much OTX actually pays survey panel members. The companies are the ones footing the bills. I bet OTX charges a mint for getting info for them. Any time I see a survey for them I don't even bother. After wasting my time "trying" to qualify for a survey, I've given up. Not worth the time.

vipercat & glorydays,

You both are absolutely right. I "x" them out right away. I'll ask my son if there is any way he can find out who the companies are that use OTX the next time the screen pops up. If he can find that out, then we can file complaints directly to them. These companies need to know how we are being treated like you said, and yes, you can bet your bottom dollar OTX is charging these guys a mint, paying us nothing and getting 100% profit. Its a win-win for them, and that stinks. OTX doesn't realize that this is a bad reflection on their morals, character and ethics. I feel sorry for the employees that work for them. If they haven't a problem crapping all over us, can you just imagine what they do to them???

• 3 weeks later...

I have to throw my voice in over the general disgust with OTX. I quit the OTX panel, then did no OTX surveys for quite a while.... Then, they kept popping up behind other panels that I really liked. I hoped I would be somewhat protected under the name of a more reputable panel, but it's not so. Their slimy practices are bleeding through to other panels.

I plead guilty to aiding and abbetting, and I'm giving them up in TOTAL again...this time for good. We have to stay firm to get rid of them. They have been sucking life out of this venue for quite some time. Sooner or later, they'll screw everyone just one time to many and we'll sink them.

guerilla*gardener.......At least you are a little more alert than I, because they did get me on some other panels a few times, and now I just click the big X whenever they pop up. What I hate about it is that they sneak through on the panels I really like and have been good to me, but I still give them the click off. The more that I read about how OTX has treated all the great people in here, the more I'm glad I never qualified for anything. (LOL) I've wasted my time which ticks me off because they had pulled me away from the legitimate panels, but not anymore. TAKE THAT OTX AND LIKE IT!! My son is working on a way that we can notify the companies that hire panels like OTX so we can notify them personally on how we are being treated or getting short changed. Its taking a little time because he works 2 jobs, but as soon as I find out, I will be passing it on to everybody in here. OTX....you can run but you can no longer hide.

Zeekers...that would be awesome if your son can add some ooomph to the compliants. I try to complan to the hosting panel everytime OTX slimes me, but they just don't care. the only way they will is if they start to loose $$$$. Sad.

You would not believe how bad they got me this last time: I made it through two screeners, and arrived at a window that actually stated "congratulations, you have qualified to take the survey", then, after 15-20 more screens, I was told I did not qualify. Needless to say, that broke the camel's back for the second, and last time. How I wish I had taken a screen capture to prove this in my complaint...how I wish I had not continued to give than chance after chance to redeem themselves...but really, life is to short to have to dick with a company you have to watch so carefully.

OTX-OUST THE X-CRETION

guerilla*gardner.......Oh the dirty slimy little sneaks!!! Their stooping so low that they need a ladder to reach the belly of a snake!! You may want to go to the Panel Ratings page here and post what has happened. I do think these survey panels at least take a peek every now and then. If every person that gets scammed by OTX would post it there, I think even the newbies would stay away. Heck, they keep this up, there won't be anyone left willing to take their surveys. One can only hope. :-)

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot believe the difference in both my time and attitude just for having dumped OTX. I tried once before, but got all stressed over them showing up behind surveys panels I liked, and wanted points for.

Once again, no surprise, they abused my services so badly, I just had to re-take the vow: NO MORE OTX ! I thought missing out on good points would still bug me some but now, having been doing this a lot longer, I can see the real outcome and couldn't be happier. I was wasting so much time on OTX "qualifiers" that I was getting a real bad attitude about taking surveys. Now, I find out in a few quick questions whether or not I qualify, and go on the the next. I swear, I have cut the time I spend on surveys in half, at a minimum. So if you're thinking about it, do it!

Dump anything from OTX. By dicking around with thier surveys, you actually reduce the number of reward you can make in an hour - it's not worth it. We're lucky to make $2 as it is...with OTX it's less than a quarter because they are so unethical and bleed as much out of your time that they can get away with for free. what a relief to be through with them.

At least 4 times out of 5, when I see a survey is with OTX, I just close it immediately. They just WASTE your time.

I've sent angry e-mails to survey companies complaining about OTX- maybe if more people did that, OTX would have to make some changes to stay alive in this business.

yes...absolutely... I have complained to the host panels first, but all I have every received in reply from them is that I am free to take, or not take any surveys they host as you see fit. Still, maybe eventually they 'll get a clue.

i hate to say it but i have completed otx surveys 3 times this week. note* all from valued opinions. hides from mob :shock:

They're going to have to come after me too, SurveyBang. :) My wallet isn't hurting from completing them for cash or points, but I won't do them for free at Greenfield.

But if I previously completed an OTX survey for cash or points, I wouldn't qualify for one at Greenfield anyway, because of OTX's "one a day" limit.

Gracious, no...I'd nver try to tell someone not to take them. I just want these thoughts percolating in your head so you are aware if they start driving you 'round the grist mill.

• 5 weeks later...

Just now i completed an OTX survey, I think for the first time. I've done many of them in the last two weeks only to find out I didn't qualify, so I was waiting for that to happen with this one but it didn't. And it was extremely fun and interesting - no kidding! In fact, it was so interesting, I didn't want it to end. That might sound really weird, but it's true.

This was sent to me through SayNation, and I got a pretty hefty points reward.

Almost didn't take it, but glad I did. So I'm possibly changing my negative attitude about OTX.

By the way, with the starting of this survey, I had just implemented a system of keeping track in Excel of each survey, how long it takes, reward, etc. This way, I can get some actual statistics over time of which survey companies to spend my time with or give priority to.