WARNING -- "Paid for Research" site

jkooyenga

Avoid this one -- like the plague! This outfit makes Panda and Vindale look good by comparison. I aborted my registration when it became obvious they were going to lock me into 3rd party offers I had not agreed to. Nonetheless, they had ALREADY sent my personal info to a number of places I had specifically opted out of; most were legit survey panels I already belonged to, but at least one shows up as a known attack site and some of the others are borderline spammers I'm already familiar with. I'm doing what I can to ameliorate the damage, but I expect to have to deal with the fallout for quite a while.

• 4 years later...

I too was tricked into sending personal information but this time it wasnt paidforresearch it was National Consumer Center. I wish i did my research first but this shady group said i "won a free $100 walmart gift card"? Yeah Right they werent even part of walmart and thier "offers" had me smelling a rat! Avoid it at all cost they are phishers! i would not be suprised if they had ties to orginzed crime.