Expert Outpost by Toluna opinions?

Diamonique

On 1/4/2018 at 3:35 PM, sandraw said:

Kris,

I am sorry to hear you have not enjoyed the new surveys and activities. We did certainly increase our live discussions and surveys quite drastically (especially within the last few months). We also did increase the number of points for all our surveys as well.

It also seems like I haven't received any emails from you. I did talk to my colleagues - who are also involved in responding to emails - as well. Can you confirm that you are emailing [email protected]?  If yes, please feel free to send us a new email and add a 'marker' at the top. I will keep my eyes out for your email.

I am truly sorry you haven't had a good experience with us and completely understand your frustration. If you decide to remain with us on Expert Outpost, I certainly will continue to do my best to offer you more activities and surveys in the future.

Regards,
Sandra

Sandra,

I reply to you with the above address and there is never a bounce or a reply. I sent you another email about another misleading recent activity and no reply. This is not the behavior of a genuine company. 

• 4 months later...

I do not know how to contact this panel. (I see they are responding here though)I have submitted several requests asking about new reward system, none of them are responded. My last ticket was submitted on April 23, 2018, still didn't hear back from them. What is going on? 

20 hours ago, Nipponka said:

I do not know how to contact this panel. (I see they are responding here though)I have submitted several requests asking about new reward system, none of them are responded. My last ticket was submitted on April 23, 2018, still didn't hear back from them. What is going on? 

I haven't been able to log in for over 2 months...I had enough points to cash out for at least a $10 Amazon cert...but each time I've tried to request a new password for my account it goes nowhere...I wonder if they're out of business & the site just hasn't been closed down yet?

On 5/24/2018 at 11:41 AM, greeneyeddevils said:

I haven't been able to log in for over 2 months...I had enough points to cash out for at least a $10 Amazon cert...but each time I've tried to request a new password for my account it goes nowhere...I wonder if they're out of business & the site just hasn't been closed down yet?

They have not been closed. It still works, but the website is very slow. and they never respond any tickets we submit. weird

On 1/20/2018 at 11:31 PM, schludermann said:

Sandra,

I reply to you with the above address and there is never a bounce or a reply. I sent you another email about another misleading recent activity and no reply. This is not the behavior of a genuine company. 

Same here. No response from them at all. Couple days ago I just submitted ticket asking to answer all my other requests.... I received a response from them asking how they can help. I repeated my question again and got nothing back... 

• 1 month later...

I've found ExpertOutpost to be one of the least rewarding survey options out there. It takes 5000 points to get a $5 Amazon gift card. I've participated in every survey they've sent me for a year and have accumulated only 1450 points. i'm not sure if their points expire or they're just measly rewards, but I have not participated in the last few surveys they've sent me and am not sure I'm going to continue. They do allow you to fully express your opinions in forums on the offered topics but for all the time i've put in answering surveys, less than $5 a year is most certainly not worth my time. Also, I've always been suspicious about how incredibly slowly their pages load - they must be hoarding cookies and spyware galore.

• 4 weeks later...

This is a simple site where every week you answer two polls and one question where you have to type out your answer (usually). While this website is excruciatingly slow (I'm talking like reverting back to dial up for those of you who remember the horrors of that). I am usually able to answer the polls fairly easily but when it comes time to the big pointer (question) I get an error message claiming it's not working and timed out. I can continue this for hours to no avail. I have high speed internet so not really sure why it does this. I used to be able to respond to the question the next day. Maybe too many people trying to access their server the day of? But recently within the last month or so I'm not able to even access their question at any time. Any other place on this website but the big pointer. Which is weird and unfortunate. I've cashed out with them several times. I've sent many emails to this over the last year but nobody ever responds. But I am getting rather tired of wasting my time on the slow pages. 

• 4 weeks later...

Just adding to those who are frustrated in working with this company. They still exist, as I am still getting invitations to participate in discussions. However, I have been locked out of my account for several days now, and as many have said, all of my attempts to contact them go unanswered. I have sent probably 20 contact requests now (over the last several months, for a variety of reasons) and have not gotten a response to a single one of them. I have tried everything - direct email, website form, even tried sending from a different email in case for some reason their response was coming through to my original provider. I even tried calling technical support at InMoment, and they say they have no way to put me in touch with anyone at Expert Outpost.  If they continue to operate this way, they'll be out of business quickly....

• 8 months later...

I was doing polls and such on Expert Outpost for a while, then I took a break for a few months.  When I came back to it I found my password didn't work, I did the forgot password and never received an email to reset it.  I emailed Sandra for a reset, eventually I got a response with a new password.  It didn't work so I emailed back, she reset it again and it still didn't work (to be clear responses were not quick this was at least a 2 month process).  I have since emailed several more times to have access to my account and I am now just being ignored.  All of my points I earned are lost.  This survey site is a scam and they aren't interested in actually paying you for your service.  I can't believe I wasted my time

I found it to be a  frustrating experience. 5,000 points for a $5 gift card and 10,000 points for $10 - but the last few times I checked, the $5 reward was "not available." The surveys are quick and easy to answer -- usually you have to compose a reply to a question they ask, such as, "What do you do for Mother's Day gifts?" Since  the surveys are not offered very frequently (you could sometimes go a month or more without an offer to do one), it takes a LONG time to accumulate a reward, even when some surveys give you a few hundred points at a time. I just found that a $5 reward is not really worth my time and effort, especially when each time you click on a survey, it takes at least 3 minutes for the page to load (even on a fast computer with cleared cache, cookies enabled, no popups blocked, etc., etc.). This makes me think that the site is taking all that time to collect info from my computer or leave traces of itself on other websites. This has happened  every single time I logged onto the website after being offered a survey. I wrote to them 2 or 3 times asking why this happens - I even mentioned it when answering one of the surveys - and never got a reply or explanation. I finally redeemed one 5,000 reward after a year and a half of doing their surveys and decided it was not worth the effort.

Edited by Jace
reword for clarity

I would highly NOT recommend Expert Outpost.  They are very slow in responding to contacts and emails, they are very slow in granting earned points, they will claim you never earned points, they are very quick to take your earned points away even when you let them know it is not warranted per their own policy.  The next time I am able to use all my points to check out cannot come soon enough and it will be my last.  They are more frustrating than it is worth.  There is a reason they are rated at the bottom.  Mainly lousy service.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Expert Outpost is horrible!  The site runs super slow, and they ask the same questions all the time "How are we doing?"  you tell them and nothing improves.  The site runs so slow its a waste of time to participate

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This was a good site with interesting questions/polls but for awhile it has become very very slow and often can't load the pages.  There is suppose to be a new 2 poll questions but I haven't had any new polls in weeks and it appears stuck on the responses to polls from weeks ago.  I have contacted them and will say I got a response very quickly which said to clear history, cache and all which I did with no help.  I contacted them again and again received a quick reply saying they are looking into it.  

3 hours ago, dingbat077 said:

This was a good site with interesting questions/polls but for awhile it has become very very slow and often can't load the pages.  There is suppose to be a new 2 poll questions but I haven't had any new polls in weeks and it appears stuck on the responses to polls from weeks ago.  I have contacted them and will say I got a response very quickly which said to clear history, cache and all which I did with no help.  I contacted them again and again received a quick reply saying they are looking into it.  

I've experienced the same issue and they are completely oblivious to the polls being inactive. I've done the standard troubleshooting and no improvement. I've had to restate the problem three different ways. I think that they are stalling. The pages load so slowly that I often open this panel in a different tab or browser and complete a survey from  another panel while it loads. 

I'm still waiting for a 1000 point credit special survey from July

I didn't mind the slow points accrual but this extra work is not worth it. I might just drop this panel if operations don't improve by the next payout threshold.

• 7 months later...

The site is closing in a couple of weeks and I can see why. One of the worst survey companies ever! They wanted all kinds of feedback from participants and what you get is $5 for a years worth of interaction. They should be embarrassed and ashamed that they took SO much of people's time and it was really for free.