Fate/Destiny or Free Will?

Tellwut

Gosh that's a tough one. I always thought I  believed in both, but now that I try to explain my reasoning, they contradict each other. I guess if I had to choose one, it would be fate. Tellwut, you are going to keep me up at night trying to figure this out.  I think that I feel like I'm making my own decisions, but really they are already laid out by my destiny/fate. Good question.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, spider said:

Gosh that's a tough one. I always thought I  believed in both, but now that I try to explain my reasoning, they contradict each other. I guess if I had to choose one, it would be fate. Tellwut, you are going to keep me up at night trying to figure this out.  I think that I feel like I'm making my own decisions, but really they are already laid out by my destiny/fate. Good question.

Thanks for responding, Spider! I thought this thread was going to go answer less.

I've been having same late night thoughts, Spider.

• Like 1

Yeah, I think whatever is meant to happen, will happen. So for me, I don't think it matters if you think you are making the decision yourself or not, because the outcome has already been decided. I will give a tip to anyone that has trouble making decisions. flip a coin. If you like the result, you have your, answer. If you don't like the result and say, ok best of 5 flips, then you know that the coin "decision" is not what you want. This has never failed me. (knock on wood)

• Like 2

15 hours ago, rosiesmom said:

Free will, definitely more than anything.  I don't want to overthink it, but I am not a fan of fate.  I do believe in karma though. 

That's another interesting topic, rosiesmom - karma.

I would like to say karma exists and works (and i truly want it to), but I've seen too many crappy people get away with doing crappy things.

How about the rest of you, do you believe in Karma?

Things happen in life,and  in the world and there is no rhyme or reason why it happens it just does.Karma is what we say when we know someone has a comeuppance to pay.Free will is being able to do what you want with no conscious or regards to others.With that being said I believe all this to be true because of the way I was raised and my belief system .Like I always say we all have a right to an opinion it doesn't make us right and it doesn't make it wrong it just means we have an opinion.,and this is mine.