Opinion People - Avoid.

Box-in-Jack

I'm very surprised that the survey site 'Opinion People' appears not to be known here.

I've come here to alert people that Opinion People is a survey site that does that thing we here all detest - offers a survey, gets you to answer numerous questions (the answers to which are useful to it), and then informs you that you aren't needed e.g. the company has sufficient respondants already, and that you won't get paid.

Moreover, I've now been with Opinion People since June 2008 and yet only built up 87 points (the site pays out £15 for every 150 pts)! This is despite having been rejected more times than I can remember, as above.

I would advise everyone to steer clear of Opinion People and to pass on this warning as appropriate.

To those of us who've been involved in online surveys for some time it's not unknown for people to criticise companies for seeming to be deliberately annoying (with such tactics as the one described above) in the hope that the respondant will close their account before they've ever been paid, and that they do this in order to avoid ever having to pay anyone. I think Opinion People seems to be one such company.

By the way, what does 'phpBB' (the apparent name of this website) stand for (I haven't visited this site for over a year)? I see no justification for not keeping things clear and simple: Survey Police.

I never heard of them and it sounds like no one else here has either. Probably since they are just another scam company. Thanks for the warning.

after 2 years and only getting 87 points, if I were you I would send them an email stating that you are wanting payment from them in full. Then once you receive the payment then you will close your account. I would also mention in the email to them the reason why you are doing this. Because you are answering a bunch of questions, that is taking a large amount of time and the questions they are asking are obviously the answer they are needing for the survey. Then also mention that you keep getting disquilifed or saying survey has meet its quota. Which is obviously a scam, make sure you mention that in your email. Also at the end mention of the email, give them a Pacific date and time that they must have the money to you. If they don't meet your deadline or refuse, then mention that you WILL file a complaint with the BBB, ripoffreport.com and mention that you will make a post on Surveypolice.com forums informing people of there scams!

Hopefully this works in getting your money! 87 points is ridiculous over a 2 year period, basically they are holding your money hostage! :evil: I noticed you said the cashout was £15, being that you didn't put a dollar $ infront of it, I am assuming this is in a forgein company?

Opinion People are a European company based in Germany, so yes, they are foreign. The £ sign represents the pound, the currency used in Great Britain. I've been a member of their panel for a number of years and surveys have been few. My points balance stands at 106, need 44 more to cash out £15, may take a while! :roll:

• 1 year later...

Just an update! I've finally qualified for my first payout - after 4 years! 150 points = £15 Woo-hoo! Call the press! Hang out the flags!

Now, for another laugh, take a look at this quote from the website:

"Instead of having your 150 bonus points paid out, you can also opt to take part in our special prize draw for just 75 points. Try your luck, the odds are good! High-value non-cash prizes are raffled off which are worth much more than 150 bonus points (15 GBP), e.g. ipods, netbooks, digicams, etc."

Just 75 points, eh? 2 years worth of work for 1 lottery ticket!

Make no mistake, I'm taking my measly £15 and never coming back. Beware people!

Just an update! I've finally qualified for my first payout - after 4 years! 150 points = £15 Woo-hoo! Call the press! Hang out the flags!

Now, for another laugh, take a look at this quote from the website:

"Instead of having your 150 bonus points paid out, you can also opt to take part in our special prize draw for just 75 points. Try your luck, the odds are good! High-value non-cash prizes are raffled off which are worth much more than 150 bonus points (15 GBP), e.g. ipods, netbooks, digicams, etc."

Just 75 points, eh? 2 years worth of work for 1 lottery ticket!

Make no mistake, I'm taking my measly £15 and never coming back. Beware people!

Good for you! If I were you, once you get your money, then I would email them and tell them that you are quieting, but make sure you mention that you posted on Survey Police Forums and informing people of there deceptiveness practices! Also go to Ripoffreport.com, you can also let people on there now about this company also. Good thing about ripoffreport.com is that they do NOT take off any of there complaints filed! :D Spread the word and let other people know about this company!