Survey Spot

melestine

This used to be one of my favorite sites. What happened to them? I no longer attempt any survey that is free. If it doesn't award points I toss it in the trash. Then the ones with points all seem to end with the multi-language page that makes you feel like you were disqualified for cheating. Can't even find out if the survey was completed or I no longer qualified.

I cashed out not too long ago, but it looks like I'll have to cash out for good....and another one bites the dust.

I was looking over the site again and noticed most of their recent winners are not from the US. Looks like they're getting the answers they want elsewhere.

They use to be really good and trustworthy. Then they switched to the point system, which was a higher cash out! :evil: It was doing okay. Then back of February this year, not sure if I have the month right, they did a So Called "server maintenance", which lasted almost a month. Now of course you could access every part of there website, except for the point system! You couldn't cash out or view your points! :evil: Well after they fainally got done with there So Called "Server Maintenance", all of a sudden people were having problems accessing paid surveys, getting errors at the end of paid surveys and some completing it saying the successfully completed the paid survey, but never got the points! :evil: BUT NOT TO WORRY! There FREE SWEEPSTAKES Surveys, they were having NO problems what so ever! So after months of frustrations, trips to the BBB over surveys, errors and other things with paid surveys, I finally cashed out and dropped them!

This used to be one of my favorite sites. What happened to them? I no longer attempt any survey that is free.

I think you just answered your own question. You are one of those people who ruined it for everyone else by taking free surveys. Once the survey companies realized that people were suckers and would do surveys for free, that's all they started offering. How long did you do free surveys before you decided you would "no longer attempt any survey that is free"?

So to answer your question as to what happened, all you have to do is look in the mirror and you will see what caused the problem.

What makes you think I ruined it for everyone?

The decision to stop awarding survey came from the survey companies. I don't do surveys that don't pay...

What makes you think I ruined it for everyone?

The decision to stop awarding survey came from the survey companies. I don't do surveys that don't pay...

That's not what you said. You said "I no longer attempt any survey that is free."

I asked you how long you did these free surveys. You never answered that question and are now trying to worm your way out of your admission that you are part of the reason why survey companies went to mostly free surveys. They started it as a test and people like you jumped on the bandwagon.

I have no sympathy for free survey takers and even less for those who helped compound the problem by taking them and who are now complaining.

You need to find someone else to pick a fight with...anyone that can make such large assumptions over a few sentences is looking for trouble.

I never did free surveys and as fas as the word attempt goes....some surveys used to start as nothing and could end up as an interactive. Those days are over too.

I no longer attempt any survey that is free.

When I read that I also thought, by the way you worded it, that you use to do free survey's. Anyway if you did do free survey's, but stop doing them, at least you gone in the right direction! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I came to this forum this morning to complain about Survey Spot - I'm not surprised to see there's already a complaint here. First of all, to deflect any further arguments here, I don't do their *sweeps* surveys. When I first started doing surveys, I did the freebies because someone told me that the more freebies you do, the more rewarding, high-paying surveys they will send you later. Har!

My big complaint with Survey Spot is that when I do a paying survey for them, after spending 10-20 minutes on the survey, I'm directed to a page with a message that they've already received the required number of respondents. After I've already almost completed the survey? Why can't they tell me this BEFORE I start the survey?!?!?! Because, I've already given them several pages of responses before they tell me they won't be paying me afterall. "Gee, sorry, but we can't pay you." This happened to me TWICE this morning.

I'm ready to quit doing surveys for them at all -- except I have a bunch of points built up and I want my reward!

• 1 month later...

I was a member of Survey Spot for four years. Until yesterday, that is. I have had good luck until recently with them. I am not one of the people who took their surveys for free. I only accepted the ones that paid. I was even frequently taking part in their interactive surveys that pay between $25 and $40 a piece. Life was good. Then they had to revamp their site and I was unable to access my points for about a month. So, starting in August every time I tried to cash out I got an error code saying that either my paypal account was not verified - it was, or I needed to disable my cookies - I did. Still, no money. Finally, on August 30, 2010, the page said my payment had been transferred to Paypal successfully. I had 5,000 points, which is fifty dollars. The thing is, it never made it into my Paypal account. The Survey Spot page listed it as a successful claim. Hmmm... As of Thursday of last week I have also been unable to transfer another 1100 points to my Paypal account and contacted them again yesterday morning. I contacted them by email four times in the past three weeks and received no answer until yesterday. They did not acknowledge my request for my money. The note only said that my account has been terminated in accordance with their terms and conditions. I don't know why. All I do know is that I have done surveys with them for a long time, and this is a very rude awakening. I don't know what to do about this and would appreciate any suggestions.

I noticed this posted yesterday on SurveySpot...It seems that they've revamped their rewards program...still I can never get any surveys for any points...but this is what it states..Can they now send out some paying surveys so we can try & claim some of these new prizes....

SurveySpot now has WebShop!

September 7, 2010 by The SurveySpot Team

SurveySpot is delighted to tell you about our NEW WebShop. You will now have TWO ways to spend your earned points!

We have a brand new WebShop where you can exchange your points for vouchers and shop popular retailers.

Now when you earn enough points they can be redeemed for our WebShop gift vouchers! For more information on how to redeem your points for vouchers click here.

Claim your reward!

Get the rewards YOU want!

Shop all the popular brand names we offer on our WebShop once you redeem your points. There are a variety of brands to choose from including Amazon, Foot Locker, and Barnes and Noble!

Enjoy your shopping!

I cant even tell everyone how upset I am with survey spot right now. I have been a member with them for about 6 years, which if well before they switched over to the new points system. I had never had a problem up until now. Yesterday I completed a few surveys like any other day. Last week I cashed out 10 dollars and yesterday I tried to cash out 2100 points which is 21 dollars. I kept getting the error message saying to clear my cookies, ensure that javascript was enabled and I have a verified account. Since I have cashed out several times I knew every thing was the way it should be. So I continued to do surveys all night just knowing they would fix the problem and everything would be fine. This morning I tried to log in and it kept saying I have the incorrect user name and password. I emailed them again so now that is 2 times, once yesterday and once this morning. I received an email saying they have terminated my account due to violation of terms and conditions.....That is an absolute crock of you know what! I have never had a problem, but as soon as anyone starts to cash out several times they ban you....I want to know if there is anything else I can do to get my money, I have wasted my time and I just got layed off and I was planning to use the money to pay for things and a few groceries for the kids.

I cant even tell everyone how upset I am with survey spot right now. I have been a member with them for about 6 years, which if well before they switched over to the new points system. I had never had a problem up until now. Yesterday I completed a few surveys like any other day. Last week I cashed out 10 dollars and yesterday I tried to cash out 2100 points which is 21 dollars. I kept getting the error message saying to clear my cookies, ensure that javascript was enabled and I have a verified account. Since I have cashed out several times I knew every thing was the way it should be. So I continued to do surveys all night just knowing they would fix the problem and everything would be fine. This morning I tried to log in and it kept saying I have the incorrect user name and password. I emailed them again so now that is 2 times, once yesterday and once this morning. I received an email saying they have terminated my account due to violation of terms and conditions.....That is an absolute crock of you know what! I have never had a problem, but as soon as anyone starts to cash out several times they ban you....I want to know if there is anything else I can do to get my money, I have wasted my time and I just got layed off and I was planning to use the money to pay for things and a few groceries for the kids.

You need to file a complaint with the BBB & get the money that they owe you...don't let it go..get what's yours

Like Greeneyddevils said file a complaint ASAP! When you file a complaint at the end they will ask you what you want for a resolution to the problem. I would tell them you want the money they owe you. I would also ask for a little more, for what you think is fair, for the reason of using your wasted valuable time having to email them several times and then have to wasted your valuable time filing a complaint with the BBB! If I were you also I would ask for on top of the other 2 reasons, also ask for what you think is fair for compensation for them falsely accusing you of violating there terms of conditions. Also point out that they NEVER said a word about you violating terms and conditions until you had a large amount to cashout on, then all of a sudden they throw this on you out of the blue!