Ibotta Rebate App for Grocery Shopping

Njsurveyman

I downloaded this app about two weeks ago and already made about $10 back on rebates. All you need is $20 to cash out via paypal. Basically you just go through your offers, select the ones you think you will be redeeming. Then, you go to the store, take a picture of your receipt when you get home via their app(I suggest crossing out your CC info first), then you select the offers you wish to redeem for cash rebates, and then you get the rebate cash back into your Ibotta account within 3 hours later. They also offer a rebate for 50 cents back on ANY item. The app works for most large Supermarket chains, CVS, Walgreens, Family Dollar, Dollar Tree, etc...

I had signed up for that, but there seems to be offers for alcohol, which I don't drink.  So far, I haven't been able to use it on anything.  But I might find something on it next week.  I will give it a try.  They give you $10 on your first cashout.

• Like 1

No, the minimum for cash out is $20. But, I had the app for less than a month and already made it up to $10. 

Yes, they do offer some alcohol rebates too, but also seem to always have any bread, shredded cheese, any brand eggs, and also a rebate on Any one item at all times. Some weeks there is a new promotion like a $1 back on Honey Bunches of Oats (this week's promotion). 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

You know that you are not supposed to redeem the same offer on both saving star and checkout 51?  You can probably get away with it, but a how to save money site in the Chicago area, mashupmom.com, that I post on Rachel the person that runs the site, has been told that you are not supposed to submit the same deal for both checkout 51 and saving star.  I looked at Fetch Rewards and I noticed that they don't have any stores in the Chicago area in the program.  They just have a bunch of stores I have never heard of.

I looked at Receipt Pal, and it sounds like the most you can make is $1 a week in Amazon or restaurant.com GC.  I used to be involved in saving star and checkout 51, but for checkout 51, the only thing I was able to redeem for was produce, and they started requiring that people do a minimum of $2 in other offers to redeem the produce ones.  I don't eat much processed food, and so there aren't a lot of other offers I could do.  There is not a lot on ibotta I buy too, and I rarely buy alcohol.

Edited by NFriday
I accidently posted before I was done writing.

I tried Ibotta and it isn't anything I would benefit from.  I buy too much generic stuff for this to pay me anything.  I would probably try it again if my financial situation changed.

• Like 1

Rosie's Mom, actually the rebate offers on Ibotta can be very generic.  For example, this week if you buy ANY BRAND of crackers, you get 25 cents back.  Last week, it was for any brand Shampoo or Conditioner. They also have a rebate up every week for ANY ITEM, which can give you 25-50 cents back on literally any ONE item you purchase from a qualified store. 

I also recently learned that you can also use Ibotta the same way you would use Ebates.  You can purchase items on ebay via the Ibotta app and earn some money back that way as well. the same goes for booking Hotels and even Uber rides.  As long as you go through the Ibotta app first, you get a certain percentage back within 24-48 hours after purchase.  I actually like it better than Ebates because Ibotta ALWAYS credits me.  With ebates, I have to chase after my payments almost every time. 

• 3 weeks later...

I used Ibotta to get the first cash out and haven't been back since. Money is money but too much effort in addition to what I already do. Not enough things on there I would buy to be able to cash out in a reasonable time frame. However, both Hip2Send and Krazy Coupon Lady and TotallyTarget all include Ibotta rebates when they post their deals. These are mommy blog sites and quite useful for awareness of deals. I get summary emails every day which cuts down on the time needed to review the deals on a daily basis. TotallyTarget does not have the summary emails but a very useful site for Target if you shop there frequently.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

I just looked at Fetch again, and there are all kinds of stores in my area I can submit receipts for, including Jewel, Aldi's, Walmart, Target, Trader Joe's, Sams Club, Dollar Tree, and Whole Foods.  I still don't know if it would be worth my while because I don't eat a lot of processed food.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 11 months later...
On 1/22/2018 at 11:22 PM, natofborg said:

Also try ReceiptPal, Receipt Hog, SavingStar, Fetch Rewards,  Hopster, and Checkout 51. Use them all to maximize your savings! 

Also Rakuten and upromise(if you know college aged kids).

• 1 month later...

I signed up with ibotta when I first got my phone last year but I don't go to the store every week or every month so it really doesn't help me. Because I haven't been shopping that much, I received a message that they took $3.99 from my balance. I didn't know I had any cash. Never saw any money and now I really don't know what's there. I just know that it won't be a good site for me if I don't shop every week or month. My monthly/bimonthly receipts don't fit in the phone anyway. I 

I am signed up with Inbox Dollars for their receipts and have received a couple cents because I can scan the receipts and save them to my computer, then upload them when I have time and they don't take any cash off the top if I don't submit any receipts. Plus, they don't just have a minimum month or weekly limit on submitting receipts.