Ipsos buys Survey Exchange and or OTX

footfree

Survey Exchange and or OTX has been purchased by Ipsos.Will this change your mind about the company?I have no real qualms with Ipsos at least they pay cash it's that they dont pay a lot for their surveys.However they do send out PT'S every once in awhile and extra points to VIP members.Here's the link about the merger if you'd like to check it out. http://www.surveyexchange.com/

My gripe is what about the points I have in my account(OTX) when will they show up in my Ipsos account?They don't give up much info except to be seeing it happen this month.

I hope this means that I'll stop getting OTX surveys from every other survey company. I also have no problems with Ipsos, other than the points are fairly low for surveys, but at least they don't cheat you and they pay a little for DQs. God, I hope they stay Ipsos-like and not become OTX-like.

ISPOS buys OTX!

by gene55 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:49 pm

April 6 (Bloomberg) -- Ipsos SA, which conducts public opinion polls for Thomson Reuters Corp., the Associated Press, and McClatchy Co., is considering “sizable” acquisitions in the U.S., its chief executive officer said.

The Paris-based company is considering targets in developed countries as well as emerging markets, CEO Didier Truchot said in an interview. Ipsos in January said it would pay $71 million for U.S. consumer researcher OTX Corp. to strengthen its online- research capabilities.

I don't use either company because I hate them and have been ripped off by both. I know some people do ok with them and might be interested.

In my opinion they deserve each other. I just hope the other survey companies quit using these two low lifes.

Just goes to show how much money these companies are making off of us dummies. You people that are dumb enough to do surveys for a sweepstakes entry that I don't think even exist with most companies, need to look at these numbers!gene55

• 3 weeks later...
I hope this means that I'll stop getting OTX surveys from every other survey company. I also have no problems with Ipsos, other than the points are fairly low for surveys, but at least they don't cheat you and they pay a little for DQs. God, I hope they stay Ipsos-like and not become OTX-like.

My hopes have been dashed. Ipsos has become OTX-like. I have just received a survey from them, 15 minutes for a freaking sweeps entry!!!!!!!!!!!! (And, of course, I WILL NOT do it).