Advice: Know how much points are worth.

thexeez1

I suggest all members get out their calculators and understand their survey companies point system. The point system was introduced in order to disrupt people's understanding of the amount of money they will get paid for completing an online survey. For example, The survey company RewardPort.com is one of the lowest paying survey sites on the internet. Most of their surveys are worth 150 points. 150 points is worth approximately .41 cents. Very, Very, low paying. Another example is DailySurveyPanel.com. Their surveys are also worth about .40 cents. How about the new Toluna, which purchased Greenfield online this past year. 3000 points with Toluna is equal to .99 cents. Very low so I only take surveys from them that offer 6000 points or more. i delete the 3000 pt. surveys. Points are used as a way to deceive participants. So, wise up people. Do the math so you can better utilize your time.

Toluna is another that makes it sound liek a big deal. They usually had surveys for 3000 points which is $1 but then started with all the 900 and 1200 point ones which is like 27 cents.

I wouldn't have so much problems with points but everyone does them different. Some places 1 point is $1. Other places 100 points is $1, other places 3000 points is $1.00. Look at Lightspeed where a $5 Amazon is 525 points and a $5 PayPal is 550 or 575 points so with them 100 points is in the 90 cent range.

I pretty much gave up on several survey sites who have odd point values because I get tired of the games. I am afraid of not paying attention and getting tricked into doing a survey for pennies.

On Toluna you don't even need a calculator to figure out there point system. All you have to do is when you see there cashout at $20 for 60,000 points and then see a 900 survey for 30-45 minutes long, well you don't even need a calculator to now that there screwing you over! :lol:

This is good advice. If you don't mind spending time and really don't care that you make a few cents here or there. Some of the survey companies pay your 500 points, and that sounds like a lot but the cash out level starts with 17,500 points, and there isn't any real money involved in the cash outs until you reach 100,000 points. Some companies are very good as they pay you cash right up front. I am going to get rid of a few companies once I reach their cash out level. I dont' see the sense receiving 500 points from one company when another company will pay me $1 or more for the same survey.