What's with Lightspeed?

everbloomin1

A couple weeks ago I got an email invitation from Lightspeed for a survey - when I clicked on the link, they first wanted all my credit card numbers and other banking information so they could get into my accounts to see how I (and other survey-takers) spend my money and pay my bills. I quickly clicked out of it -- no way I'm giving my credit card numbers so some survey company (and goodness knows who else!)

Then the other day I did a survey for Lightspeed about banking practices and at the end it said that in order to earn more points, they want me to send them any correspondence I get from my bank or credit card company in the near future, and that this correspondence cannot be altered or any numbers blacked out. What?!? I don't know about the rest of you, but I am NOT sending banking or credit card information to Lightspeed. I clicked out. Later they sent me an email with an address of where to mail or fax my credit card/banking information.

Has anyone else had this happen? Has anyone actually given Lightspeed this information?

I'm not.

I got something like that from another survey company .I was sent the info in the mail .I quickly shredded it .No way am I giving people all that info .

The fact that they offer a substantially higher reward than normal surveys shows this info is very valuable to them so you know they are going to make a ton of money off it while you get peanuts.

As for them stealing it, with all the problems of not only identity theft but hackers breaking into websites and stealing personal info, you would be an idiot to provide this info. No matter how careful the company is that is using it, it could easily end up in the wrong hands. Misplaced laptop with the info on it, disgruntled or dishonest employee stealing it, etc. It may not be there intent to steal it but that doesn't mean it can't or won't be stolen. The on;y way to protect yourself is not to supply the info. Is $20 worth the hassle of identity theft.

Just the other day I got an email from Popular Mechanics magazine. They said some scammer was calling the subscribers and saying they won a sweepstakes but need their credit card number in order to send the prize. I replied back to PM asking how the hell the scammers got the subscribers phone numbers. So there you go.

And then, this morning, I got a survey from Lightspeed where they said I had to download a tracking program into my computer - I would only be paid (and they didn't say how much) if I downloaded the program and kept the program in my computer on an "ongoing basis" so they could track how I browse online. No definite time frame and no mention of how I was going to get paid.

I deleted it. I'm not downloading any tracking program in my computer. They would be able to get my credit card numbers, my bank account numbers, and my social security number. No way!!

Tracking programs? Ya I've seen several survey sites asking you to to download them. They are becoming common I just click no thanks and press on. Usually if they are at the beginning of the survey it's essential to being able to complete the survey so I get dumped out. If it's towards the end I click no thanks but still get credit for the survey. Not a major deal. Just use common sense.

LightSpeed asking for bank numbers? Ya, but in my experience it's ConsumerSay - an apparent LighSpeed affiliate. First time I've seen that in 5 years. Hopefully the last. They say it's safe. Course the government says that about many things and we end up dead. I am happily passing ConsumerSay by.