General Rant - just fed up

KBLover

I think just about every survey company needs to redo how they do business. This waiting for 4 to 6 weeks for "data and confirmation" for $3 or some petty amount is nonsense. These companies act like they are giving us $10 or $20 a pop.

Do they really think someone is going to "scam" them for $3 (and in some cases what amounts to pocket change) in a month's time? Stupid.

Why can't they just do it like Pinecone, Lightspeed, where you get your compensation immediately. Lightspeed does points, but when you redeem them, it doesn't take 4-6 weeks. Pinecone, it's in your Paypal account the next freaking day. Even though I hate Opinon Outposts horrid payout time, they do give you the compensation immediately most times.

I've been waiting on a $40 check from SurveySavvy for at least a month now. I'm still waiting for my "unclaimed rewards" to show up at surveyspot. Valued Opinons has about $11 in credits "pending". Come on - in this age of high technology, do we really still have to wait weeks for things? Why not just let me enter my bank account and you can EFT my money in? Makes too much sense? Or get with Paypal or equivalent. Guess that does as well.

I guess I'm just tired of these companies acting like everyone is out to get their $2 here and $3 there and then taking forever to give you what you've earned. Then some of them have the audacity to dispute/not pay up?

No wonder a lot of people think the survey scene just a big scam. It's run like one on the whole.

Just had to get this off my chest before I say "screw it" and quit.

Bravo, lady!!! I'm so glad to see more people speaking up about all of the above!!

I haven't done a survey for any company in over a month. I'd rather eat glass :roll:

Actually, one of the reasons why it takes you so long to get paid as a survey panelist, is that the survey company hasn't been paid yet.

Think about it: the company who hired the survey company pays for the study once the study is completed. Once the survey company gets their money, they are then able to pass on incentives to their users.

I have been a member of SurveySavvy for years, and their checks do take 6-8 weeks to process. Annoying? Yes, but I have never ever had a problem receiving compensation from them.

I know it's frustrating waiting, but when you understand the process, it's easier to understand why things work the way they do.

Cheers!

Actually, one of the reasons why it takes you so long to get paid as a survey panelist, is that the survey company hasn't been paid yet.

Think about it: the company who hired the survey company pays for the study once the study is completed. Once the survey company gets their money, they are then able to pass on incentives to their users.

Except Pinecone and Lightspeed (and any that uses Paypal, really) don't do this. Whatever they are doing to let panelists get paid ASAP needs to be done by all of them. Heck even Greenfield, one of the lesser-liked ones by members here don't make me wait 6 weeks for a Paypal payment.

The fact some can actually pay panelists literally the next day tells me that it can be done, and it should be done. The fact some give you your points immediately, and then can redeem them immediately, and then get your paypal or amazon money within two days tells me it can be done. The companies that don't need to get with the times.

I'd like to see a business in the "real world" try to pay employees once every six weeks because that's when they get money from their clients. I imagine they'd have a hard time hiring anyone - if its even legal.

It shouldn't be that way in this 'industry' either.

And waiting for checks just seems so outdated. With so many ways to move money electronically, I should at least get the CHOICE of whether or not I want a physical check (you know, like Pinecone..is it any wonder why they are one of the top rated companies here?) or just have an electronic transfer or a transfer to paypal. These companies need to get with the times. Use what's available to us and stop running things like it's still 1970.

I mean, when I've "saved up" enough rewards/credits to get a decent sized check, why do I need to wait 6 weeks for it? They've been paid for those studies LONG ago (since, as you say, I had to wait for them to get paid to get the credit to start with).

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks so much KBlover for expressing what I am feeling even as I type this very moment. I feel the same way why can't the other companys get with the program Pinecone has for sending out payments. This waiting for 6-8 weeks is just ridiculous.