IPSOS I-SAY A JOKE

greeneyeddevils

Anyone who is with this company & tries to redeem an Amazon Gift Cert as one of your rewards watch out...It's an electronic gift cert that's going to be sent to your email address...which I thought would be sent instantly like Opinion Outpost & others do...but no...once I redeemed I got the message that it would take 5-8 weeks....WTF?...they're sending it to my email address anyways...this is nuts....all it is "a code' that's it....you wonder why people trash & quit these survey companies....how do they justify 5-8 weeks for a code?.....there's another company that I'm dropping in the can...anyone else have this problem?

Harris Poll does the same thing only it doesn't take 5-10 weeks to send the Amazon codes. Having to wait for an extended period of time for a redemption is ridiculous- but these days, I take it all in stride as it doesn't bother me much (as long as I receive my payment/GC/merchandise!). Maybe I've been doing surveys for too long. :)

I did cash out for a $5 American Express GC and I received it in about 2-3 weeks ( that was a surprise!). I agree that it's frustrating and annoying having to wait but there isn't much to be done about it. Obviously, any suggestions or complaints directed at Ipsos will continue to fall on deaf ears. Hopefully, you'll find other companies that are better suited to what you want and need.

Harris Poll does the same thing only it doesn't take 5-10 weeks to send the Amazon codes. Having to wait for an extended period of time for a redemption is ridiculous- but these days, I take it all in stride as it doesn't bother me much (as long as I receive my payment/GC/merchandise!). Maybe I've been doing surveys for too long. :)

I did cash out for a $5 American Express GC and I received it in about 2-3 weeks ( that was a surprise!). I agree that it's frustrating and annoying having to wait but there isn't much to be done about it. Obviously, any suggestions or complaints directed at IPSOS will continue to fall on deaf ears. Hopefully, you'll find other companies that are better suited to what you want and need.

Why not complain to the company?So maybe your right it'll only fall on deaf ears but I don't see what harm it could do to let these survey companies know that we are peeved about their practices.If we don't take a stand and let them know then they'll continue.I say each and everyone one of us who has a problem let them know that they have pissed you off and the reason for it.That's the only way change can be made.Not doing nothing will only let them think it's okay to do this!Maybe one person cant do it on their own ,but the vast majority can!!!!!!!!!!!

Why not complain to the company?So maybe your right it'll only fall on deaf ears but I don't see what harm it could do to let these survey companies know that we are peeved about their practices.

I never said that you shouldn't complain. If it you want to send a suggestion or a complaint on something you feel needs to be changed/corrected, then by all means do so. And if you interpreted my statement as being one of a defeatist attitude, it wasn't intended to be. It's just that I'm not overly worried about receiving a payment or incentive 6-10 weeks later and I don't have a coronary if it arrives a little later. I only complain when I feel the situation calls for it -such as not being paid or credited for surveys, unscrupulous practices on the part of the company, etc. In some cases, I do send an inquiry if a payment or credit has gone well over the time that they specified ,but I don't fret over a few days or a few extra weeks as long as I receive the payment/credit.

If we don't take a stand and let them know then they'll continue.I say each and everyone one of us who has a problem let them know that they have pissed you off and the reason for it.That's the only way change can be made.Not doing nothing will only let them think it's okay to do this!Maybe one person cant do it on their own ,but the vast majority can!!!!!!!!!!!

I would definitely encourage anyone who needs or wants to take a stand against a company to do so. And you are right to an extent - that many can accomplish where the few cannot. In some cases, bombarding the companies has resulted in some very successful campaigns in creating change (for example, adding more incenties or Paypal) to accommodate people. But on the flip side,in the the survey world, this doesn't work every time as some of these companies have "changed" their policies because of "so-called" public support (to the detriment of survey takers) or they won't change their practices at all.

If I am completely dissatisfied with a company I don't support them on any level . I do this by not staying with their company and I reject or refuse to do their surveys via other companies. I also give my opinions on the company on forums like Survey Police and offline and even shoot off a response elsewhere. In some cases, I've even been asked by a company why I am leaving and I tell them in a blunt straightforward manner without resulting to insults or bad language.

The fact is the companies are only going to accommodate people so far and the rest will be passed over. Some companies are totally "deaf" to what people have to say and it shows they don't give a hoot about anyone. Money is the name of the game for these companies and many of them view us as $$$ and nothing more. A lot of the problems that exist between survey companies and survey takers is the result of wrongful practices on both sides. Not every company is a scam site and not every survey taker is dishonest but in between lays a very fat layer of deceitful people.

If you want to take the time and effort to write a letter or email, then go for it! Or gather as many people as you can and submit a petition to create change. I applaud the efforts of anyone who combats against unscrupulous practices or tries to make a change. You can pick and choose your "fights" as I do. And I hope that people continue to be successful with their fights against the survey companies. JMHO! :)

I agree with you insomniac-most of my frustration comes from the people doing surveys and not taking a stand.

Look at this -I took a stand against EDU and filed a complaint with the BBB after not getting paid for surveys from 4/14 and 5/14.Right after I filed I heard from Edu putting my surveys in pending.Then I get a email from this company look what they had to say

Hello,

We just wanted to follow up with you after receiving a complaint from the BBB regarding your survey discrepancy. We believe this is the site you’re referring to: http://www.ergsurvey.com/ since we do not pay individuals to take surveys. Our company is http://www.edurg.com and people often get confused.

We would really appreciate if you could please notify the BBB that we are the wrong company and have nothing to do with this complaint. It says the complaint # is 8260230 and their address is 4428 N. 12th Street, Phoenix, AZ 85014. 602-264-1721 (ph.) 602-263-0997 (fax). The rep’s name is Samantha Marquis.

We sincerely hope you are able to resolve this matter with ergsurvey.com.

Best regards,

EduRG customer service

These 2 companies look to similar to me for this to be a coincident .I will also be letting the BBB know my feelings.

UPDATE!!

I fired off a message to IPSOS-I-SAY regarding the whole online voucher & within 24 hrs I received the Amazon cert....they say that the email they sent is wrong & that you should receive your Amazon cert anywhere between 24-48 hrs whenever you redeem...so I won't throw this company under the bus yet since they actually coughed up the reward very fast....actually really surprised me...I was expecting one of those emails from all the survey companies that are generic...All in all I'm happy that it didn't take the 5-8 weeks that it said it did...