NFriday

Sears is filing for bankruptcy

NFriday

It was just in the news today that Sears is going to file for bankruptcy.  If anybody has any Sears GC I would use them up soon.  They have not made any money since 2010.  I don't know how that is going to affect Land's Inn.  The only Sears store that is any where remotely convenient for me is closing, and they have everything 30% off.  There are no Sears stores open anymore in Chicago where they started.  They were done in by online sales.

• Like 1

rosiesmom

I drove past our mall two weeks ago and realized that our Sears had already closed.  Man, they must not have sold anything off, just moved it somewhere else.

• Like 1

seven

Our Sears store closed here about 8 months ago. Also Kmart closed as well. Never cared for K-Mart but I did like Sears. 

rosiesmom

They closed one of our Kmarts, and the one they left open isn't safe to go into. 

• Like 1

NFriday

Sears officially filed for bankruptcy today, but I heard that they are going to try to reorganize.  I did not know that they did not have the catalog anymore.  They got rid of it in 1993.  My mother used to order tons of stuff from Sears and Penny's catalog.