A bit off topic...Scam or not? Won gift cards but how?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Yeah so last night I got a call from some lady saying I won a 25 dollar and 35 dollar american express gift card for doing something which i dont remember but then they asked for bank info just to pay for the shipping and handling. I asked them if I can send it to paypal and they didnt even know what it was and they sound like they were from a 3rd world country or something lol. What you think scam or not? If your wondering no I didnt. He finally said your not eligable then. i find that ironic because whenever I won I never had to give bank info for ship and handling fees.

Sounds like a scam to me.By chance did you get the telephone?If so I think you should report it to you Attorney Generals office.They need to be notified so they can track whoever these people are.Plus sometimes they will notify local news group so other people wont get scammed.This happened to me once where I got a death threat via email.I guess a lot of people must have received it because the next thing I know it's all over the news.They said if I didn't send money that basically they would hunt me down and kill me.That was a really horrifying thing to get.