Do you know how many hours a week you do surveys?

footfree

Has anyone here taken the time to figure this out?I'm scared to.However I do know I'm not invested in it as I use to be.I delete more then I take and have dropped quite a few survey companies.Now I have the time to go out and exercise.Something I use to do regularly before doing surveys some 6 years ago.The reason I ask is that time is money and I really do think I should know how much I being paid versus my time.Or does it even matter to you?

I don't really know how long on spend on them. But, you have to pick your number (hourly rate), and then decide whether it is even worth trying the survey they send. For example, My Survey sents one worth 5 points ($0.04) that takes 3 minutes. That's $0.80/hour. Is it worth it? Depends on your parameters. Survey Spot sends tons for sweeps only, taking from 10 to 30 minutes. That's $0.00/hour. Definitely not worth it. Survey Savvy sent one worth $4.00 for 15 minutes. $16/hour. Get my meaning?

I have started tracking the surveys I get sent and how much they pay for how long. I've nearly got a month's worth of data, and the average seems to be around $4.85 an hour. Of course, most of them are DQ or closed, so you really don't get that much. This is just what they say they pay and how long they say it will take. I had a Lightspeed that was supposed to be 30 minutes, and took me 54 minutes. Now, I understand that sometimes it takes a little longer, but that's quite a stretch. And, I'm a fast reader and typer.

As for Lightspeed I did a 30 minute survey last week for them for 500 points and it took me 30 minutes but I felt it was worth the time,money and effort.So which companies do you think are honest about the time?I think Surveyhead knows the exact time.Survey Spot when I did do them (one of the companies I dropped)took longer then they said it would.Synovate is good on time,but My Survey is wishy washy and Ipsos usually goes under the time frame.Mindfield isn't to bad on this either as far as GTM surveys I really haven't timed them but I should be more diligent when it comes to this.Sometimes it's good to know how much time it'll take that means a lot to me and if I feel like the money is worth the time.

I've never kept track, and I know I should. I work full time so only do surveys before work, on my lunch hours, and sometimes evenings and weekends. I get bombarded with survey invitations some days, and nothing on other days - so I take them when I can and if I can. If they're sweeps or freebies, I delete them immediately. I think I spend 30 minutes - 2 hours a day doing surveys.

I want to add a complaint (again) about SurveySpot - they will send me emails time stamped at 2:00 A.M. or 4:00 A.M. -- but when I try to take them at 6:00 A.M., I get a message that they're received all the responses that they need. Huh? Do people stay up all night long to take surveys? How many responses can they have between 2 A.M. and 6 A.M.???? I don't even open survey invitations from SurveySpot anymore.

I probably do them for an hour a day, if that. I pick and choose which ones I want to do. If I wanted a part-time job then I'd go and get a part-time job making like $8/hour and save it for something, who knows what. Perhaps just save it.