Points for prizes-Do you know the real value?

footfree

So I was checking out Zoom products for the 5000 point range and decided to do some price checking.Well most of the items for 5000 points would cost $30 to $35 dollars to buy.The Carolee pearl bracelet cost around $50 to purchase so at least I know that when you get to a certain level most items cost around the same.The problem I'm having is with The AC;Nielsen Homescan products.They have no rhyme or reason to them,not only that but the items get low ratings from people who have purchased them.At least that's what it says on Amazon web site.Not true for Zoom most all their products(in the 5000 point range) got high ratings.Not that I'm a advocate of Zoom -I hate the low points I feel I get from them.Does anyone know the value of their points?Are there any other sites that have prizes that you feel are of some value?Personally I would rather have cash or Amazon GC I'd rather have a bigger selection then what these companies have to offer.Not only that I'm pretty sure these people get a real good price discount on this merchandise.Which is your preferred payment?

• 2 weeks later...

Actually you are wrong. The 10000 point category is the $30 - $35 price range. 10000 points is a $100 donation but only a $30 - $35 prize. They have a 8GB USB drive for 5000 points that sells for $15 to $19.99. It has been at 5000 points for two years, even while the price in the stores has dropped dramatically, it still remains 5000 points at Zoom. I check the prices and reviews at Amazon and most of the stuff they have is rated low.

Over two years ago I asked them to go to Amazon gift certificates, even if 10000 was only worth a $30 Amazon. As you can see, they never did.

Actually you are wrong. The 10000 point category is the $30 - $35 price range. 10000 points is a $100 donation but only a $30 - $35 prize. They have a 8GB USB drive for 5000 points that sells for $15 to $19.99. It has been at 5000 points for two years, even while the price in the stores has dropped dramatically, it still remains 5000 points at Zoom. I check the prices and reviews at Amazon and most of the stuff they have is rated low.

Over two years ago I asked them to go to Amazon gift certificates, even if 10000 was only worth a $30 Amazon. As you can see, they never did.

No I am not all wrong and I don't appreciate you saying I am-I went and did some research and this is what I found

Prices listed at Amazon

5000 point range on all of these items

Cross Century sport pen-31.96 4 star rating

Carolee pearl charm bracelet-53.00 no rating

7 qt. Hamilton Beach Slow cooker-35.95- 4 star rating

Chantal Rectangler Baker-19.99-3 1/2 star rating I'm guessing it wasn't rated but one similar to it was.

You are right about the 8gb USB flash -19.99 but it does have a 4 star rating

I only checked the Anchor Hocking Bakeware set at the 10,000 point level it was listed for 52.94-no rating

So you should do your research on all products before getting them as some may be more expensive then others.At least that way your points are worth more !

They must have gone up but you can now get 2 AMC movie tickets for 2000 points (use to be 1000)if you go to a night movie the value would be around $17.00.

I am with you on the AGC I would rather have this choice myself!