Despite not getting paid..Survey companies scam in general?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Well we know some people get burned not getting paid but other than that is it a scam in general? I mean does your priacy get violated? What I noticed is i qualify only because I seem interested in the products and 2-3 days letter I am getting tons of email and mail in my inbox soliciting theyre products when it clearly states they will not invade privacy or solictate. Not only that how much do these survey companies actually get for us doing a service for them? They are making thousands or millions off of us and we get a whopping .50c to 4 dollar surveys. I know some are honest but alot of them are plain pathetic. I hear dont do them if you dont like it. Well yeah but how much are they actually getting off a survey? So we might get one for 1.00 but they might get 4.00 for getting leads and us completing it. We only get part of the profit. I bet SSI makes hundered of thousands a year for alot of people doing there 50c surveys and I noticed they ban people left and right so I cash out right away when I make the 10 dollar mark. They steal the money or dont make to make a bigger profit and have newbies fall for the trap. it's smart business if you think about it. They dont care about you. Your doing a service for them. So many people eager to do a survey for 30 minutes for 1-3 dollars which is not all that bad but alot of garbage.

Last week I got an email from one of the focus groups with a special they were doing. They must have got me mixed up with a customer. Anyway their offer was to do a 60 minute focus group with 20 people for $5000. Thats $250 each and they pay the respondants $50-$100. Thats a very nice profit, but they also said that was well below their regular price. They are not in this business for their health! But with that said, if they are running a special at well below their normal price they must be hurting. I was going to post the email but I have done 3 or 4 focus groups for this company and don't want to get kicked out by giving their name. They are not a scam and it doesn't matter to me what they make as long as they pay me. But I do agree that there is a lot of scam survey companies out there and I won't deal with those at all. For the past year I have quit doing surveys unless they pay at least $10 per hour and I have made just as much money if not more. I just delete the low paying ones as fast as they come in and I don't get upset anymore. Thats worth a lot to me.